• Water mill water

Does somebody use this water i know some people says
    Is ok wonder if anybody here have tried

Thanks
    125 gal-P. Kachase,simochromis, vampire pleco,bn pleco,bulldog pleco

55 gal- Ilangis ,clown pleco,abn pleco,rubber lip pleco

55 gal-Canary cheek,Ikola,duboisi, and fry

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Are you fixin' to use it for your 5.5 gallon SW project? Water Mill says it has 50 ppm or less of TDS. Do yourself a favor and get RO/DI (O ppm TDS) water from the LFS for top offs and pre-mixed salt water for set up and water changes.
    Last edited by Bedlamer; 05-09-2012, 07:45 PM.
    While I'm not reef ready, I am salt ernate lifestyle curious...

Comment

Still wonder if i do it or not , now i have a
      10 gal empy that i think would do better than the
      5 gal

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

I'd say go with the 10 gallon. The equipment will be the same, and the added volume will give you increased stability in the water parameters.

Comment

BTW one of the big reasons to do the 0 ppm TDS is to eliminate sources of excess nutrients, especially phosphates that can contribute to nuisance algae out breaks. I'm sure the RO/DI water is probably more expensive than the Water Mill water. The most expensive part of making the RO/DI is the consumption of the DI resin--a cost the Water Mill people don't have to worry about.

Comment

I've used watermill water and even tested it at the mill and got 4ppm at the highest.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

How much is it a gallon?

Comment

It use to be 25 cents but i have gotten drinking water from a mill in a long long time.
                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

4ppm is not that bad i will test to see if my water mill wich is one street far would have a low ppm on it

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

Think it gets cheaper by the 5g.

just to clarify, RO needs to be re-mineralized
                    20L nano saltwater tank- (In Progress)

55G tropheus tank- 22 T. ikola,23 T. red chimba, 4 brevis, 3 b.pleco, 1 dwarf giraffe cat
                    NO SUCH THING AS OVER FILTRATION... =DD

Comment

city pets has 25 cents/gallon RO/DI water...

Comment

How much is City Pet's pre-mixed salt water?

Comment

$.99/gallon, if I'm not mistaken

Comment

The Watermill people only claim their water does not exceed 50 ppm TDS.
                            I seriously doubt you can get it much lower than that.

The people who sell RO/ DI equipment also suggest to replace the DI resin if your TDS gets to 20 or as little as 10.

Comment

I am interested in this for FW planted since I am not totally happy with the maintenance on the Culligans machines that I have been using. I requested info (via email) from Watermill and a rep called me back within the hour. They are getting me info on locations near me and were able to provide average test data for their systems:
                              pH = 6.0-6.5
                              Hardness = 0-1 (not sure if this was gH or kH)
                              Cu = 0.006ppm
                              Mg = 0.1ppm
                              CL2, Chloramines, Phosphates, Nitrates, Potassium, Iron = Non Detectable where Lower Detectable Limit is typically 1.0ppm

He said there where 100 substances on the test reports and all but 4 were ND. From this, I would guess that the TDS COULD be much closer to the 4ppm that EK found than the 50ppm that they guarantee. He had to give me the "Watermill only recommends this product for consumption and not aquarium use and / or homebrewer as we have not specifically tested this product for those applications" speech but i think that was just some attorney stuff.

Like the Culligan setups, I am sure this test data varies somewhat depending upon the feed water and also if someone just filled 100 gallons ahead of you in the last 5 minutes.
                              75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                              28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                              12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                              29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                              45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                              33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Working...
                              X