Fjw corals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fjw corals?

Anyone know what that have in stock? I still haven't had a chance to go yet :P just wanted to know before i go.

lots of corals.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Lots of brains.....I got 2 on thursday

Comment

best place for corals is TnT fish and reef on HWY 6

Comment

Fjw has lots of good lps. Acans, scolys, etc.... Color was awesome
          TNT has lots of sps and much of it is home grown.
          Citypets has nice zoas, Ora Stoney corals, and probably the widest selection for the best price. Many of their frags seem like chopped up wild colonies tho. Some take forever to start growing. As far as the 5$ zoas tho. I have found named zoas in there, along with multi polyp Lps like candy cane.
          Fish gallery is a good place to buy fish, but I have never bought coral there except the odd frag.

I am sure there are other great stores, I have just not been to them yet. Dennis does a great job. He has some of the cleanest displays in town. Citypets does a great job, but you need to destroy aptasia and others pests here and there. Inspect closely.

Comment

One store I checked out on my way to Galveston a few weeks back was all about fish off of 45. It was pretty nice. Very clean and well kept up with.

Comment

But did you look at the prices?

Comment

They're a bit on the pricey side but most of what he has is from his personal colonies so it's more of what he sells he prides in if that makes sense.

Comment

I'm not paying extra for something simply because it has sentimental value to the seller.

Comment

I would think the value goes up if it is grown and sold by the same person. What are the odds of introducing something like redbugs to your tank? TnT does the same thing. They have a couple things in the nice sps display they sell 2" frags of for 70-80$. Oregon Tort was like 80$ an inch at one point. I have seen frags in other stores for 30-50$, but the stuff at TnT was homegrown. The frags in the other store were under different lighting and had less intense color. 14k vs 20k. I also got mojanos from one. That is why the premium can be justified.

Comment

They were under different lighting. I can't imagine why the colors were less intense.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

If they can move their product at that price, more power to them. You and they can't prove and guarantee that they are "home grown" and pest free.
                      Last edited by alexrex20; 07-09-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

They cannot prove it. But you can see the mother colony and frag in the same tank at tnt. I personally got most of my sps at Citypets. I fought some pests but saved $s

Comment

Originally posted by reefling View Post
                          I would think the value goes up if it is grown and sold by the same person. What are the odds of introducing something like redbugs to your tank? TnT does the same thing. They have a couple things in the nice sps display they sell 2" frags of for 70-80$. Oregon Tort was like 80$ an inch at one point. I have seen frags in other stores for 30-50$, but the stuff at TnT was homegrown. The frags in the other store were under different lighting and had less intense color. 14k vs 20k. I also got mojanos from one. That is why the premium can be justified.
                          I would think that you would have a better chance of not introducing pest into your tank if it's bought from a good system but then again if you think about they might just throw the frags they just made with wild collected frags or from somewhere else that might have some type of pest and then spreads it to the home grown ones. Just some food for the brain. Also I can understand under certain matters why home grown would be a lil more pricy but personally I'd rather support locals who sell frags more then anything aka semper haha

Comment

Only store I buy frags from would be fjw. His are actually the nost promising out of all the coral sellers without having to fork out $90 for a common piece of coral.

Comment

Dip guys....use the drip and QT tank.

Even if home grown there is still a chance of pest.
                              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
                              X