Swimming with barracuda ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swimming with barracuda ...

Got a video of this barracuda just hanging around in the Caymans..

Billions of happy photos, millions of passionate customers. Gorgeous online photo albums. Protect your priceless memories. Buy beautiful prints & gifts.
    Last edited by Hangman; 04-27-2012, 12:01 PM.

dang, kudos to you.
    75g Tank,
    2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
    2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
    10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
    10g Tank
    Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Link corrected..

Comment

ooooooooooooooh Barracuda
        Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Yeah, it would have been cooler if it was a shark..

Comment

i was waiting for you to try and poke him or somthing
            25g - Reef
            3.5g - Surge Tank
            10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

The thought did cross my mind for a nano second..

Comment

I would have swam towards it like I was a predator... but then again I don't know how to swim.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Caught a few of those fishing. Wicked teeth. Wouldn't be caught swimming with one.

Comment

JEEZ. Quoc woulda wanted it for his tank.
                    All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Was on a boat in the Caribbean when we saw a barracuda lunge out of the water at a woman on a nearby boat. Turns out she was wearing a shiny necklace and it was pissing off the fish. Ha! (She made it ok but had some pretty nice gashes.)
                      All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Yeah, those fish are known to just "lose it" and attack people. I was snorkling and filming stingrays in the area when I cought him on the side of my eye. Freaked me out at first. Whats more scary is that those pillers are the support for a low walk pier above. Kids normally sit on the pier with their legs hanging in the water. They would have been an easy target for the cuda to just nip at and drag in the water, possibly losing a toe or a foot. After I video it, I showed it to the folks on land and they went down and chased it away.. Besides the cuda, you should see all the stingrays in that area.. Pretty cool.. I got some video of the rays I will upload..

Comment

Here's how I ran into that cuda.. Nearly shi*t in my pants.

Billions of happy photos, millions of passionate customers. Gorgeous online photo albums. Protect your priceless memories. Buy beautiful prints & gifts.

Comment

Working...
                          X