Peaceful marco haven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peaceful marco haven?

I was just derping on the interwebz and saw just a bunch of macro gardens. Now I've always wanted to do a macro tank but, never had a tank. I might go get a semi high tank because of the livestock I want require deep sand bed. By that I mean garden eels. My thoughts on livestock consist of pipefish, seahorses, garden eels, mardarine goby or some kind of dargonette and a couple of small gobies. The garden eel might be more hassle then anything but, I don't know to much other then they need good flow, 10"+ sand bed and need to be in a community. the more I think about it the more I stray away from them. I might just get dragon pipe fish and that be my eel

tank size I'm thinking a 50 cube or 40 cube with a good size fuge for microfamula

Comment

The problem with most macro algae is the chance of going asexual and causing havoc.

My old macro algae wave tank was fun and different but damn when that thing went asexual it was hell
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
        The problem with most macro algae is the chance of going asexual and causing havoc.

My old macro algae wave tank was fun and different but damn when that thing went asexual it was hell
        I didn't even account for that :P I may not do it after all lol or I'll do just one type of macro.

Comment

almost all macro has the possibility of going asexual
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Luckly from what i've learned both cheato and gracilaris are the most promising and I've had both of mine do alright for about 2 to almost 3 years and still growing. So if anything I'll probably get different gracilaris. I don't want to risk a tank going under just for the sake of it looking good.

Comment

ehh... those type of macro I don't view as good looking, those need to be hidden away under the stand or something.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

ehh... those type of macro I don't view as good looking, those need to be hidden away under the stand or something.
                cheato i can understand but, the gracilaris can be quite nice if placed well. I might look into sea grass as well and I've heard red grape doesn't go asexual.

Comment

red grape I had go asexual before and it breaks up and makes a mess.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

red grape I had go asexual before and it breaks up and makes a mess.
                    ew nvm then about the red. well I guess i'm down to sea grass and gracilaris

Comment

Working...
                    X