ich from aquarium world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ich from aquarium world?

ok i see aquarium world has yellow tangs on sale for 29 bucks this week, ending Tuesday. I want to get one but i hear that yellow tangs are bad about carrying ich and i have heard TWO people tell me that they have got ich from yellow tangs from aquarium world, so im kinda thinking i should pass on this sale.
    http://www.thegettogether.net/ My normal hangout!

Lol, i think you know the answer to this question.

Ick with SW fish dont play.
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I've gotten a number of freshwater fish from there that ended up with ich the next morning. I don't go there much anymore...
      All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

ich in sw means flushing money down the toliet.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I don't have much luck with livestock from AW :( and they make you feel like you are an imbecile when you come back for a refund/trade.

Comment

So true! They can be real jerks. I called them out on it once and they were like, "well we are experienced fish keepers and we know when people are trying to cheat us." What!? Why have a return/refund policy then? Lol!
            All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

thats a bummer, i always have had good service on the FW side although the 'bring a water sample before we will sell you cardinals or rummy nose' thing kinda bugs me.
              75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
              28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
              12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
              29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
              45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
              33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Wow, i've never had an issue with aquarium world. They've always been good to me.

Comment

I believe one of my sw fish has ich. I don't have a second tank to house him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please.

Comment

I thought all saltwater aquariums have ich present. Just if the fish is stressed or has a weak immune system then the ich "attacks" so to speak...
                    20g mixed reef

Comment

common filtration system,1 sick fish=trouble

Comment

I have been buying fresh and saltwater fish from AW for at least 8 years and have yet to have an issue with ich or any problems with returning fish. Everyone is very pleasant with me.

Comment

I did have a problem with ich one time from them but, I luckly had some ich attack (I swear by this stuff). reef safe and invert safe.

Comment

I am sure most know this but if you get ick in your tank.

Add garlic to their food, every day every meal. You can get the Kent garlic or just get a couple cloves from grocery store & mince up then smush with a spoon. Probably could get garlic liquid from the store & it would be the same as Kents.

Add some to pellets & a couple drops of water so it soaks in. If you use frozen then do the same but let it soak in the food for a few minutes before feeding. I also add Selcon to the food. People say the garlic is a natural boost for the imune system, but I just think the ick do not like the taste of it when it gets into the fishs blood stream.
                            748 gallon Reef Lit by 22 AI's

Comment

I had seen that sign on the rummynose and cardinal tank, lol. I had just ignored it and moved on. I can understand a sign to bring attention to the requirements for younger, less experienced aquarists. Actually refusing a sale to an experienced aquarist is another matter entirely though. I have never taken any fish back and would just consider it my loss. Having moved away from the heights, its no longer very close and I prefer dealing with other stores.
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                              Desiderius Erasmus
                              GHAC President

Comment

Working...
                              X