15 gallon qustion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 gallon qustion

SOOOOOO I'm getting a 15 acrylic from kiko and I have a 20 gallon sump. what do? I use it for the 15 gallon but, my question is how many fish can I get away with, without it being cruel?

just remember that oxygen exchange happens at surface area so (IMO) you really cant use the cubic inch of fish per gallon rule for the entire 35 gallons in this case. If the sump is a wet/dry kinda thing then that will help.
    75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
    28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
    12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
    29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
    45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
    33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Originally posted by Totenkampf View Post
      just remember that oxygen exchange happens at surface area so (IMO) you really cant use the cubic inch of fish per gallon rule for the entire 35 gallons in this case. If the sump is a wet/dry kinda thing then that will help.
      its more of a fuge/nano skimmer sump. I figured as much about the fish per gallon rule, just trying to figure out what I could get away with in this small of a tank. Being that I slapped a 20 fuge on it, it's possible down the road when the tank gets older that I could do a mandarin goby or something similar wouldn't you say? It's going to be a reef setup just fyi

Comment

You could put a couple of clowns in there. Also, Mandarin after about 6 plus months of stabilization. Also in the sump seed it with macro algae to get your pod count up.

Comment

Originally posted by REEFERMIKE View Post
          You could put a couple of clowns in there. Also, Mandarin after about 6 plus months of stabilization. Also in the sump seed it with macro algae to get your pod count up.
          I got tons of macro growing already in my 10 gallon. Its just more of an upgrade to a pretty acrylic with an extra 25 or lil less added I'll probably do the mandarin then :) maybe get some of the cultured pods from Global.

Comment

Awesome my Mandarin would eat tigger pods but you have to pre feed the clowns cause they will gobble them up lol

Comment

FG posted up their new stock list and it has mandarins that are accepting frozen brine
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i would love to see this when done, mandarins are cool enough for me to buy a biocube over lol
                75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Ek how much are they? I can't see it on my iPhone

Comment

idunno, they don't post prices.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                    X