Jake's Veggie Stick w/ extra Calcium!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake's Veggie Stick w/ extra Calcium!

So my last order of this I only saved a bit for myself to feed my shrimp and test it on my Tropheus/Petros and now I have seen they go ape**** over the stuff and the ingredients are stupendous compared to your run of the mill "veggie staple".

I want to pick up probably a LB for myself and just posting here to see if anyone wants in on some.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sp...a-calcium.html

Here's the post from TPT(copy and pasted)
    Had enough success with my personal food lines in my original sales thread (seen here) that I've decided to focus on them a bit more individually.

My own sinking vegetable sticks with lots of calcium!
    Similar to Ken's (once my absolute favorite for feeding Cherry Shrimp) but with 5% more calcium, 100% organic and grown by me - with the exception of seaweed and calcium powder. Decided to start making these because I feed on such a large scale that it's hundreds of times cheaper to make them myself with products I already have.

In addition to being a shrimp nerd, I love snails that are sometimes tough to keep without tons of calcium. Since both tend to eat what falls to the bottom (and let's face it - my snails swarm like the shrimp do), I wanted a pellet that I could feed in addition to my favorite snail jello recipe. After finally getting the perfect die for my extruder, I've learned to make little sticks or pellets instead of just smashing things to bits with a hammer. And I'm having great results.

Ingredients: multiple varieties of seaweed (no sodium), spirulina, carrot, zucchini and other low-sugar squash, spinach, soy and wheat flours (yep, both grown on my farm in rural Eastern Kentucky, no bleaching, ground by me), small amounts of yeast, calcium powder, all the vitamins and minerals you find in standard algae wafers and bottom-feeder pellets. No artificial coloring.

• Half ounce portions are $4 shipped
    • One ounce portions are $7 shipped

I guarantee your critters will love them. My feedback confirms it.

Private message me to order.

Thanks!
    Last edited by eklikewhoa; 04-06-2012, 02:10 AM. Reason: Edited to add selers info
    700g Mini-Monster tank

members only site.. cant view

Comment

I'm interested pending price.

Comment

Originally posted by rmalford View Post
        I'm interested pending price.
        For now the price is as listed, last order he cut shipping off and discounted a bit I believe but as of right now it's as listed. I've inquired about a bulk order so I'll post up that price if there's any difference. Some really High quality stuff and so much more palatable and the consistency is good too, almost like the soft krill pellets
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I know Sasha and I love these and are down for some, they are terrific!!!!! I'll let Saha decide on how much, but we feed them daily and they are great...
          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
          Desiderius Erasmus
          GHAC President

Comment

Put us down for 2 oz! Our snails swarm that stuff.
            "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Interesting...
              Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Our Tylomelania race to these, the shrimp love them and nothing is left in the span of 15 to 30 minutes later. The snails seem to be growing exponentially and I think the added calcium has really done wonders with our inverts... (and I don't even work for them!!!!)
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                Desiderius Erasmus
                GHAC President

Comment

wow hearing great comments if we all order will shipping be free or something? what is the discount? I am interested in maybe 5 ozs give or take

Comment

Put me down for a lb!!

Comment

Seller contacted me back and has offered Lbs at $60 shipped.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Actually, make ours 5 or 6oz.
                        "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

I'll take 1/4 lb worth.

Comment

I will also try 4 oz's. Can we start a running list of quantity wanted by each member?

1. Algarciajr 4 oz
                            150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                            125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                            115G Tanganyikan

Comment

1. Algarciajr 4 oz
                              2. not1min 2 oz
                              3. eklikewhoa 1lb
                              4. autonet 1lb
                              5. ssrprelude 4oz
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment