Save the Blue (live feeds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save the Blue (live feeds)

I wanted to post these awhile ago and it slipped my mind. The company I work for is focused on being enviromentally focused and set up live camera feeds on a nearby platform here in the Gulf of Mexico. They have two cameras doing live 24/7 feeds, one at the depth of 32 feet and the other from 88 feet. They are a Houston based company and have various enviromental meetings and organize numerous different charitable events to bring attention to reef building in the Gulf. The cameras had some coralline algae on them awhile back and my connection is not fast enough to see it out here, but maybe someone here can tell me if they cleaned them. Here is the link and another to some old footage shot from one of the platforms on a dive

Live Feeds

Old video of various critters

Hope you all enjoy
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

I always forget to check on these, thanks for the reminder...

I like that they do this, to me it still smacks of big oil doing a little politickin', just a bit..."See, we're not killing the oceans...See, see?!?", but regardless...it's better than completely not giving a fug, which is laudable. They try as much as possible to be environmentally responsible, and be open about it. I can appreciate that. And it's very neat to see firsthand what happens under and on these rigs- life always finds a way.

I can't get it to load right now, but I'll try again here in a bit!
    "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

That's awsome saw the old video just waiting to see if the live feeds will come up now

Comment

That is sweet.
        Resident fish bum
        330G FOWLR
        34G Reef
        330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
        28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
        Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

This is so bad ace!

Comment

Working...
          X