Critique my scape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique my scape?

I think I'm gonna toss this tank into a little ROAK scape contest to win some HMPK bettas but not sure how it would stack up against some of the boss dawgs on the other forums so I'm opening it up to you guys to critique the ShiST out of it quick!

700g Mini-Monster tank

Are you gonna submit photo or video?
    http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

The person offering the ROAK is accepting either so I've submitted both. Its hard taking pictures of the tank without over exposure taking over and if adjusted down I lose the full effect of the scape.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I've entered this one as well....

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
          The person offering the ROAK is accepting either so I've submitted both. Its hard taking pictures of the tank without over exposure taking over and if adjusted down I lose the full effect of the scape.
          nice set up. shoot me the raw file. Let me try messing with it.

p.s i'd take out that algae glass cleaner.
          Last edited by soymilk; 03-28-2012, 01:22 AM.

Comment

I'm a noob and when the camera was set in RAW I thought I broke something cause I couldn't pull the pictures.

I'll ask one of the guys to try and get a better FTS for me, the pictures were shot with my phone but the vids were done with a DSLR
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I think the scape itself in your 180 is kik@$$ but not digging the videography. I would try to incorporate some schooling action and also break it up so that it's not one continuous shot. Have some closeups of fish and rock detail.
              http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

+1

plus add some cheesy elevator music

Comment

I really like the planted tank though the pipes in the left corner kinda throw it off though with all the driftwood IMO

Comment

nice scapes Q, maybe push thefloaters over to the other side of the planted tank to mask / shadow the equipment?
                    75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                    28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                    12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                    29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                    45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                    33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Dude, really? As always, it looks PHAT! You really need to get back in the reef game, because you're tanks were always phenomenally designed, bro. Even if it's a little rimless...

Comment

Both are awesome. Darth Vader did a great job shooting the first video.

Comment

Originally posted by rmalford View Post
                          Both are awesome. Darth Vader did a great job shooting the first video.
                          LoL!
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
                            I think the scape itself in your 180 is kik@$$ but not digging the videography. I would try to incorporate some schooling action and also break it up so that it's not one continuous shot. Have some closeups of fish and rock detail.
                            I was more showing the scape then working on video skills, only throwing the vid in cause I can't get a good FTS. although I'm sure it would help.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymisty View Post
                              I really like the planted tank though the pipes in the left corner kinda throw it off though with all the driftwood IMO
                              I'm thinking about cropping it out. I always take equipment out to shoot FTS but been too lazy.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X