Clear All

• Not native to us but close enough

700g Mini-Monster tank

um ok
    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Fail???
      210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat
      125 gallon long ~ African cichlids
      10 gallon ~ ghost shrimp breeding (fish treats) haha

Comment

do you guys not see vid?

That's a badarse tilapia they caught in florida and that's not far from us when it comes to invasive fish.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

tilapia is just the tip of the iceberg of stuff swimming in those canals

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
            do you guys not see vid?

That's a badarse tilapia they caught in florida and that's not far from us when it comes to invasive fish.
            And Then?
            Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by jughead View Post
              tilapia is just the tip of the iceberg of stuff swimming in those canals
              snake heads?
              Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
                And Then?

That fish looks a lot better than what some are keeping in their tanks now... that is all.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                  That fish looks a lot better than what some are keeping in their tanks now... that is all.
                  it is a purdy fish...
                  Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

If you ever get a chance to go to Florida, by all means, take it! I went there and I casted out in a little canal.. Caught cichla, midas and a ton of salvini's.

Comment

that was a tilapia? arent they you know white

Comment

Originally posted by elvispacman View Post
                        that was a tilapia? arent they you know white
                        Tilapia comes in several colors. It depends on their habitat and diet just like any other fish.

Comment

Some of my fishing buddies are tearing the talapia up on Luces bayou off of Lake Houston. They're using meal worms under a float with a single BB weight. Working along the outside of lilly pads. hey say if you're not catching perch then you won't catch any talapia. They brought home 176 of them just the other day. Here's the post....

From FishingTx.com. If you have information on fishing in Texas, tell us about it. Our favorite locations are Lake Houston, Lake Conroe, Fayette County, Lake Livingston, Lake Lewisville, Cedar Creek Lake, Ray Roberts, The Brazos River, The San Jacinto River, Luces Bayou and several others. What is your favorite fishing hole? Our goal is to share information about fishing in Texas. If you have information that you would like to pass along, or would like to ask something about, post it here. Tell us about the way you fish and ask how we fish. Do you use trout lines, catfish juglines, flagging jugs, or rod and reel? What kind of catfish bait do you prefer? Do you use catfish chum? How do you rig your catfish rigs? Tell us about your success.

A mouth will say anything....:ym_chatterbox:....Take a picture!!!!

Comment

Thats a beautiful fish indeed, its just a shame that irresponsible people have polluted our native fish population with fish that simply should have never existed, IMHO just like the other man made fish such as the Bloody Parrot, UGGGHHH!!! why not just have the real thing.

Sorry, dont get me started on Hybrids :)

Comment

Flowerhorns?

Comment

Working...
                              X