Originally posted by sergeek
    I would like to order:
    2x Yellow Tail Damsel (2*3.99=$8)
    3x Blue/Green Reef Chromis (3*4.6=14$)
    2x Orange line Chromis (2*4.29=$9)
    2x Feather Duster (2*8.99=$18)
    2x Tank Bred Small Clowns (2*10.99=$22)
    1x Clown Goby,yellow (1*6.99=$7)
    Total: $78 (+tax, if applicable, just don't know)

Upd: if there will be Blue tangs (19.99), please add no more than 2 and 1x Sea Star (Linckia) Med.

Do you mind telling me how old the tank is? How big is it? What kind of filtration does it have? What are the Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate measurements?

Comment

It's 75 gal.Running for about a month.Haven't measured anything except for salinity yet)Will get the Test kit tomorrow.

Comment

Small skimmer, Cascade 1000 as a filter.No sump.
        Ammonia and nitrates-I guess,normal,since changed water and it's running not that long.

Comment

You might want to build a proper filtration area for the tank first before put some more fish in it. I really suggest sump for the saltwater tank. I have sump for my 20 gallon nano.

Comment

For such small fish I don't think they wil add much of a bio-load and depending on how much LR and where you got it from it could be sufficient to sustain that.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

+1!

LR is your filter media.

Sump is preferred but you don't need it.

And you can always get a HOB skimmer.
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by sergeek View Post
                Small skimmer, Cascade 1000 as a filter.No sump.
                Ammonia and nitrates-I guess,normal,since changed water and it's running not that long.
                What is normal? Normal for a new tank is some Ammonia, nitrites which is not good. Some nitrates is OK.
                You need to test even before you put any fish in, let alone adding new ones, let alone double or tripple your bio load. Not running that long is not a positive. It's a negative. You never mention live rocks, Do you have any?
                The chance of you losing all fish is pretty high.

Comment

Originally posted by rage View Post
                  What is normal? Normal for a new tank is some Ammonia, nitrites which is not good. Some nitrates is OK.
                  You need to test even before you put any fish in, let alone adding new ones, let alone double or tripple your bio load. Not running that long is not a positive. It's a negative. You never mention live rocks, Do you have any?
                  The chance of you losing all fish is pretty high.
                  I do have live rocks. I thought there supposed to be live rocks in everyone's sw aquarium. I my tank 90% of rocks are live.
                  As for bio load, it will be about twice as much, I guess.
                  And I'm not saying that "running for about a month" is a good thing in general - it's just about the ammonia and nitrates level. Anyway, I have nitrate reducer to help me)

Comment

Sergeek, dont take what everyone says the wrong way we just want to help you be successful at keeping SW and not waste tons of money. It just sounds like you are rushing into this and the amount of time it takes to establish a SW tank is 2 or 3x longer than a FW tank and most fish in SW are more sensitive to "bad water." Like he said I would test your params before adding anything else in there due to the short nature of your set-up. Like MJ said sump and skimmer is not required, but it makes things much easier to have them it makes the params much more forgiving if you have a back-up to filter out the bad stuff. I even cycled my tank for 3 months before adding any fish had a huge skimmer and everything and still lost 90% of my livestock to ich. One wrong move and you will have wasted hundreds of dollars.
                    Resident fish bum
                    330G FOWLR
                    34G Reef
                    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

+1 on what Darbex said.
                      Also mind the difference between nitrites and nitrates.

Comment

Originally posted by rage View Post
                        +1 on what Darbex said.
                        Also mind the difference between nitrites and nitrates.
                        Sure, I know)

Comment

Originally posted by sergeek View Post
                          I do have live rocks. I thought there supposed to be live rocks in everyone's sw aquarium. I my tank 90% of rocks are live.
                          How much live rocks? Having 20, 30 lbs is quite different from having 100, 150 lbs lbs.
                          And I'm not saying that "running for about a month" is a good thing in general - it's just about the ammonia and nitrates level.
                          What do you mean?
                          Anyway, I have nitrate reducer to help me)
                          A little nitrate is not bad, a lot of nitrates may be but it's ammonia and nitrites that you need to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
                            Sergeek, dont take what everyone says the wrong way we just want to help you be successful at keeping SW and not waste tons of money. It just sounds like you are rushing into this and the amount of time it takes to establish a SW tank is 2 or 3x longer than a FW tank and most fish in SW are more sensitive to "bad water." Like he said I would test your params before adding anything else in there due to the short nature of your set-up. Like MJ said sump and skimmer is not required, but it makes things much easier to have them it makes the params much more forgiving if you have a back-up to filter out the bad stuff. I even cycled my tank for 3 months before adding any fish had a huge skimmer and everything and still lost 90% of my livestock to ich. One wrong move and you will have wasted hundreds of dollars.
                            Well, that's why I will test my water today, since I will get the test kit.
                            As for my order, I expect it to arrive by the end of next week. So it will be some time to change something (in case I have bad parameter distribution). Or I can just cancel the order if it will be that bad...

Comment

LR: It's about 60-80, planning to add some more (~20).

Comment

Working...
                              X