New Brightwell substrate - shrimpers and planters get excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Brightwell substrate - shrimpers and planters get excited

Brightwell aquatics has released a new line of substrate for planted and shrimp aquariums called Florin Volcanit. The Brightwell line is identical to the ADA line, in both texture and chemical properties. What makes this line unique is the ability to pick exactly what you are looking for.

The first product is Rio-Cafe. This is a brown pellet which are are familiar with. It comes in three sizes; Medium (5mm), Fine (3mm), extra-fine (1mm).

Extra fine

Fine

Medium

The next one we have is called Rio-Escuro. This is texturally the same as the Cafe, but is a gray/black color. This color does not come in the largest 5mm size.
    Last edited by thefishgallery; 03-17-2012, 03:32 PM.
    Check us out online: www.facebook.com/thefishgallery and @fgflow on twitter!

How are these price wise in comparison to ADA?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
      How are these price wise in comparison to ADA?
      Pricing is virtually the same.
      Check us out online: www.facebook.com/thefishgallery and @fgflow on twitter!

Comment

this might be good for all the guys waiting on the ADA shipment.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Just wondering if the vendor received the Rio Escuro-M size yet? Going to need a lot of it.
          ADA 90H Large Cube Garden - Under Construction (waiting for ADG to have Aqua Soil)
          Crypt Nurrii, Blyxa Jap, Blyxa Aubertii, HC, Micro Sword, HM, Hydro Verticillata, Telanthera, Hydro Sibthoripiodies, more to come.

26G High - Baller Ebi Tank - CRS and Otto Cat
          HM, Hydro Verticillata, Limnobium Spongia (Frogbit), Azolla, Pistia Stratiotes (Water Lettuce)

5G - Emmerse Tank -
          HC, HM, Hydro Sibthoripiodies,

Comment

Looks like the price is almost double of ADA auasoil? Not really virtually the same

Comment

where are the prices

North American Discus Association, Secretary (N.A.D.A.)
              N.A.D.A Facebook
              Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Comment

Originally posted by thebaoster View Post
                Just wondering if the vendor received the Rio Escuro-M size yet? Going to need a lot of it.
                Me too

Comment

Originally posted by Warlock View Post
                  where are the prices

High, but the stuff this looks good! Cant wait til payday, I'm going to scoop up a couple bags
                  30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

I just know the 24 lbs/ 12.5 L bag are 77 bucks. Why am I paying this much for just some dirt????

The color on this soil is amazing!!!!! I'm just hoping it can be up to par with aquasoil.

Last edited by thebaoster; 03-27-2012, 09:26 AM.
                    ADA 90H Large Cube Garden - Under Construction (waiting for ADG to have Aqua Soil)
                    Crypt Nurrii, Blyxa Jap, Blyxa Aubertii, HC, Micro Sword, HM, Hydro Verticillata, Telanthera, Hydro Sibthoripiodies, more to come.

HM, Hydro Verticillata, Limnobium Spongia (Frogbit), Azolla, Pistia Stratiotes (Water Lettuce)

5G - Emmerse Tank -

Comment

Is that the 5mm?

Comment

That's the only one that they didn't have. I used the 3mm for my shrimp tank since the shrimp love to toss up substrate. I'll give them a call again to see if they can check on their vendor. FG usually order on Tuesday so hopefully they get back to me before then.

5G - Emmerse Tank -

Comment

Alright gonna need 3 bags for now

Comment

Working...
                          X