Fish Ranch II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Ranch II

Just like to say that this fish store was pretty neat! Fish time coming here was great.. The person that caught the fish that I wanted actually asked about my tank lol. Was a bit of a shocker but I liked that. Friendly people and the selection was pretty nice.. Only complaint is.. I saw a dead Festae.. :C But other than that, great experience! Will be coming back more frequently now!

I checked out Fish Ranch II yesterday and all I can say is make sure you don't go on a hot day. We got there right after they opened and as soon as we opened the door we were hit in the face by the heat radiating out of the place. They had only been open a short while but it was very very obvious they don't have a/c as they had a portable unit behind the counter and the back door was open.

I can look past the condition of the store itself but I don't know how you run a retail business in Houston in the middle of summer with no a/c. We stayed less than 30 minutes as I couldn't stand be in the heat any longer but I do have to say both employees were very nice and they had a nice large selection of fish and will most definitely go back to buy some once the new tank is ready but i'll make sure it's not in the middle of the day.

Comment

That's a minor inconvenience. Tran is a great guy to deal with
      30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

more often than not, independantly owned aquarium stores are oppressively humid around here. I have found Tran, Charles and staff to be very knowledable and price competative at FRII. There are some stores that are more comfortable inside, and the prices reflect this.
        75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
        28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
        12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
        29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
        45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
        33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Oh yes I agree it's just an inconvenience. I would definitely go back.

Comment

more often than not, independantly owned aquarium stores are oppressively humid around here. I have found Tran, Charles and staff to be very knowledable and price competative at FRII. There are some stores that are more comfortable inside, and the prices reflect this.
            + 1
            Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
            Mark Twain

Comment

Oh yea , I hear he has a Kamoto Dragon too . Lol
              Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
              Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X