Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming IP treatment for Fahaka, any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming IP treatment for Fahaka, any suggestions?

I'll need to treat Suki, my Fahaka, for internal parasites after she settles in. I have seen a lot of recommendations for Gel Tek Ultra Cure PX on this forum, but I can't find it anywhere, LFS or internet, it seems to be discontinued. I found a site that sells Prazipro- I've seen it mentioned on the Box, but I've read some puffers apparently don't like the taste, and it makes it hard to treat them by soaking their food...could I treat her whole tank if she won't take it on her food? Or would you guys suggest something else? I've had her about a week, and she's not showing any signs of IP currently, I just want to treat her in a week or two to be safe. Any advice on this is appreciated...Thanks!!
    "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Some things you could use that will work but in moderation and for the length of time suggested on the directions to keep the pathogens from becoming immune to the treatment.

praziquantel
    Levamisole
    Parasite guard
    metronidazole

You can dilute the pills/powder into liquid form and soak any foods you feed your puffer in it to make it easier to administer. If you can find bulk you can treat the whole tank.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Would have thought imagirlgeek would have chimed in or the or MerrittA‎ since they've both gone through the process of it.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Much appreciated. I am trying to do the research, but most first-hand accounts on forums and whatnot mention Ultra Cure PX almost exclusively. And manufacturer descriptions don't typically include whether it's safe for puffers, being scaleless and more sensitive. Prazipro is apparently yucky, and my puffer is picky enough as it is...gah. Confusing.

I'll just roll with it, see what I can get to work!
        "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
        X