Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAS Auction Date, Sunday, March 18th

FYI...

There will be a few of us coming from LA with some goodies, but mainly to buy stuff

What are you going to bring to the auction?
    I am bring: Red tail Guppies
    Fundulus cingutlas
    Anubis nana
    Louisana Iris
    Texas Star Grass

Comment

Thanks , will be there . I've never been ....
      Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
      Mark Twain

Comment

Yes March 18. They are having three auctions this year. Sometimes you can fish at auctions, that you cannot find anywhere else.

HAS is having three auctions this year. GHAC is having having an Auction in May. FOTAs is having a big auction in the Fall in the Dallas area.

happy Fish buying!

Comment

Talked to Dave today (Dave's Rare Fish)....he's planning on attending
          Charles Jones
          http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
          Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Originally posted by marauder_77868 View Post
            Talked to Dave today (Dave's Rare Fish)....he's planning on attending
            dammit... where did my wallet run off to
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I'll be bringing quite a bit...
              Charles Jones

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
              Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

is this cash only? or CC's accepted?

Comment

Its cash and check...
                  Charles Jones

Comment

What are you guys bringing? I think I am going to try to sell some plants. DO you have to be a member to sell???
                    10g Community Planted Aquarium
                    10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
                    55g Saltwater Aquarium-
                    20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
                    20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
                    YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Comment

You pay a sellers fee for selling.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

You don't need to be a member. It works on a seller split. http://www.houstonaquariumsociety.or...AGE-Spring.htm
                        The seller forms and the auction rules are on the downloads link. It should help anyone new to this quite a bit. But here it is in a nutshell. Each seller gets a seller ID...usually your initials but doesnt have to be. For example...when I sell under C and R Tropicals I use the seller ID CAR. The ID is used so that we can make sure the seller get paid and also keep the sellers somewhat anonymous if they choose. Then each item from that seller will have a number...if you bring 40 items they would be numbered 1-40. For example, my first item would be CAR-1, next would be CAR-2, etc. Also on the label should be a description of the item, quantity, and sex if known. A further example...my first item might read...CAR-1, Ember Tetra, QTY-5. For every 4 items that each seller brings they get four colored stickers...a red, a yellow, a green, and a blue. So...if you brought 16 items you would get 4 of each color. Once you assign the colors, the items get placed on tables for those colors. All the red items go first, then yellow, then green, then blue. This lets you, as a seller, get your items distributed throughout the auction whether you get there an hour ahead or 5 minutes ahead. It also lets you strategize a bit as it lets you place items you might think "better" more toward the front of the auction. Checks are mailed out to the sellers after the auction...though we're trying to get to where we can issue the check on the same day. We just started a computerized system last auction and we're working toward several goals with it. Anywy...I hope this helps. The HAS auction is BIG...one of the biggest in the nation. You'll have a blast whether you're buying or selling. Its also an awesome opportunity to meet some of the people from HFB. If I can remember I'm going to bring some nametags so that HFB members can wear their usernames if they want. if anyone has any questions please feel free to call me at 832-206-8394
                        Charles Jones

Comment

It says be there at 10:00 if you wanna sell, but sometimes I see people walk in around 3:00 to sell things. If I want to sell do I have to be there at 10:00??
                          10g Community Planted Aquarium
                          10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
                          55g Saltwater Aquarium-
                          20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
                          20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
                          YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Comment

You don't have to be there early to sell. I usuall get there for 12 or 1 ish. You will probably get the most money out of your stuff if you come early though cause most people come and go but the beginning is when people bid the most , then it slows down. I would say the first 2 tables go the highest amount of money and then it begins to slow down as people leave and the people that stay to the end make out like bandits.

Comment

Hoping to see some shrimp of various varieties
                              5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
                              20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
                              29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
                              29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
                              29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
                              55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
                              75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
                              / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Working...
                              X