Migrating HFB to new server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrating HFB to new server

The server we are currently running on is going to be "End of Life'ed" soon, so I need to migrate us to a new server. I've just created the new server, and I hope to get the migration done this weekend. I don't know exactly when yet, but expect a little downtime in the next couple of days to get this done.

I'm going to try to do it late at night so we have a fewer number of people affected.
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Okay, I think we are done. Let me know if you see any bizarre behavior. Permissions might be a little out of whack, so that's something to keep an eye on. Also, DNS propagation takes a while, so if you get a big white screen that says we are moving to another server, it means you are hitting the old server. Just give it a few minutes and try again. That is unlikely to happen, but is possible for the next couple of days.
    Our Fishhouse

Comment

PERFEcT Timing!

Was getting withdraws and just got home from the bar!
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Hahahahaha oh wow, Quoc. That bad huh?? We need to start a group called Fishbox Anonymous!

Thanks Traci. :)
        All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Aquaholics anonymous, Bee :screwy:

I haven't seen anything out of whack.
          http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

I think some of the outside links are screwed, saw the ones in my fluorite thread are messed up.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

You talking about post #12? That one doesn't look like it was valid to begin with.
              Our Fishhouse

Comment

Hmmm guess that shows how much I pay attention.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Traci,

I'm getting an error on Tapatalk saying that it can't connect to the forum. Any ideas why? I'm starting to get withdraws too.

Chef
                  Chef~PIER 61 SEAFOOD

150G~discus and altums

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                    Traci,

I'm getting an error on Tapatalk saying that it can't connect to the forum. Any ideas why? I'm starting to get withdraws too.

Chef
                    I had to take it off my favorites list and then reconnect to HFB. Once I did that mine worked. If you've already tried this then I can't help lol...
                    20g mixed reef

Comment

I'll check to see if there have been updates. If so, I just need to update the new files.
                      Our Fishhouse

Comment

I updated Tapatalk on the server side. Let me know if you still have problems.
                        Our Fishhouse

Comment

Still takes me two tries to log in...was hopin' the move would fix it.

Mark
                          What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by wesleydnunder View Post
                            Still takes me two tries to log in...was hopin' the move would fix it.

Mark
                            Mine too on mobile.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Is anyone else seeing this problem? Does it take 2 tries to get logged in for anyone else?
                              Our Fishhouse

Comment

Working...
                              X