marinrland single bright?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marinrland single bright?

Is a marineland single bright 18-24" capable of supporting any corals in a small 7 gallon, I can't find any replacement bulbs for my t5 ho coralife, and have two new marineland led fixtures so I'm just wondering.

Single brights are not reef capable.

Comment

Depends on what corals, zoas really dont need much. But the single brights will is too red, it'll make the tank look really ugly.

Comment

Ok, I was pretty sure i had seen single brights on some reef nanos/picos, I just didn't like the color

Comment

Yeah, needs more blue.
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I wouldn't try for soft, it barely sustains the moss in my little mini L and I have two single brights
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
              it barely sustains the moss in my little mini L and I have two single brights
              Seriously? I don't know anything about salt water, but if you're talking about freshwater moss in your mini L, I had plants (anubias, java fern) and various mosses growing very well under a single bright in the tank I was managing for my friend. But it was one single bright on a 20 long, so maybe the depth of your tank is a factor?
              All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

I've seen sw set ups with that light.
                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by aquabee View Post
                  Seriously? I don't know anything about salt water, but if you're talking about freshwater moss in your mini L, I had plants (anubias, java fern) and various mosses growing very well under a single bright in the tank I was managing for my friend. But it was one single bright on a 20 long, so maybe the depth of your tank is a factor?
                  Maybe just keeping them from dieing but with slow growers I find it hard to tell in a short time their defiencies. The moss has a little bit of new growth but the height of the tank is no where near a normal tank, the lighting is there and even spread and with the stock and feeding I expected more growth. Maybe I'm just so use to running high-tech it's not up to speed for me.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                  X