Need some help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help!!

hi everyone, i need some advise about my pond, it just that every time it rain my liner float up and most of the water in my pond get out and the liner is wrinkle up. well i plan to redo my pond soon but before i do i was wondering anybody in here could help me solve this problem. thanks

This may sound like a really dumb thought, but what about putting some heavy rocks in it to weight it down?
    Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
    • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
    • 29g Planted - Journal
    • 29g Planted
    • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Originally posted by Complexity View Post
      This may sound like a really dumb thought, but what about putting some heavy rocks in it to weight it down?
      +1
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

The reason you have this problem is that the water table under the liner goes higher when it rains.

One way to solve this is to make the pond bigger so it holds more water and thus weighs more so that it does to raise up.

Comment

With a pond that you want to have fish in, needs to be 3' deep at one end or the whole bottom... i would line the bottom of it with some medium size flat river rocks... since most river rocks that are a bit larger than most they are oval shaped... the length of the loneger part should be in the range of like 5" to 6" and like 4" across. that size would have a good weight to it. just cover the intire bottom and up the sides a bit. if you want gold fish in it, they will hang at the bottom during winter and become dormant... the three foot depth will help them stay warm in the colder days of winter. water plants should be removed and put inside house either in a plastic bag and kept moist or kept in a tub of water inside the house.... late spring put the plants back in the pond... I have a pond, but it's a hard preformed one... lost a few water lillies in it's time till i realized i needed to take them out during the winter... trial and error.... hope this helps!

Comment

the water table, big issue.

if your pond water level is below ground level, when it rains, you basically have less mass to hold your pond in as you technically have "air" so the water in your pond will raise up as the pressure from the ground water equaliizes the pressure on your pond liner.

you can place rocks down at the bottom, but all this does is put stress on your liner and may cause some tears.

raise your water level inside your pond or raise your pond walls up so that your water level is above ground level.

good luck.
            Duc
            Dallas Koi Kichi Group (www.dallaskoikichi.org)
            Houston ZNA Moto Kara Koi Kai (www.mkk-zna.org)
            IKONA (www.koishack.com)
            No Showa Left Behind
            Friendship Through Scales
            Proud Subscriber/Support of KOI USA, the official magazine of The AKCA (www.akca.org)

Comment

Working...
            X