Ideas for white elephant gifts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for white elephant gifts?

I've never done a white elephant gift for fish people.

What kind of stuff goes over well as a white elephant gift for this party we are going to have?
    75 planted (Being Renovated)
    Endlers
    gobies
    lots of nanos

IMHO, it doesn't have to be fish related. But if you wanted, you could do a gift card to an LFS or maybe drsfosterandsmith's online store... Or a floating Nemo for the bathtub. Or just a gag gift, something funny. I still have no idea what I'm going to bring... maybe a little media bag filled with hot pink gravel? Hahahahaha
    All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

I'm trying to remember what we had last year. . . water conditioners, nets, meds, etc.
      Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Comment

If you are talking about GHAC, yes, it needs to be fish or aquarium related. No live animals or gag gifts (at least ones that are not fish oriented).
        PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Oh ok. Pink gravel it is! :P
          All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex View Post
            If you are talking about GHAC, yes, it needs to be fish or aquarium related. No live animals or gag gifts (at least ones that are not fish oriented).
            Originally posted by aquabee View Post
            Oh ok. Pink gravel it is! :P
            Please bring some extra pink gravel. . . John needs some substrate.
            Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Comment

oh dang... I was going to bring a snuggie with monkeys on it
              5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
              20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
              29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
              29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
              29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
              55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
              75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
              / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Originally posted by dblondfemme View Post
                oh dang... I was going to bring a snuggie with monkeys on it
                I might have to steal this...!
                "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
                  I might have to steal this...!
                  +1
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

No ShamWow?
                    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Seriously.... that is what I was going to bring as my gift. I guess I could say it is fish related because you could wrap up in it and stare at your tanks for hours..or wear it while you feed the fish in your outdoor holding areas.... or wear it after you do water changes and need something dry to put on...
                      5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
                      20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
                      29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
                      29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
                      29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
                      55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
                      75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
                      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Originally posted by dblondfemme View Post
                        .... or wear it after you do water changes and need something dry to put on...

I say bring it!
                        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I think it should all be fair game as long as you can explain how it relates to the hobby. Lets get creative!
                          Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                          Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                          Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                          Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by armthehomeless View Post
                            I think it should all be fair game as long as you can explain how it relates to the hobby. Lets get creative!
                            I think she just did
                            http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

I vote a worthy gift idea!
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X