New t3i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New t3i?

Well my sister 24, just got a new t3i camera from her boyfriend and she was wondering whats a good way to learn how to use it. She has no experience with high tech cameras. The reviews said that this is a pretty good beginner easy to use camera. And I want to use it for taking macro shots of shrimp and other small fish any advice? He bought it for 975 including the camera case tripod 8gb memory card and the lens is a 18-135 canon was this a good deal?
    Last edited by fishman1; 11-23-2011, 02:08 PM.

There are plenty of great websites full if info, and some really good books with hints for beginners. Other than..... Start shooting and play with settings. Don't just leave things in auto. Have fun with it. I shoot in raw, manual so I can later adjust and have control over my pictures. Let me know if you have any other questions.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.375406,-95.030696
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

YouTube.. if the t3i is new there should be a DVD w/ it to learn it..

Comment

When we bought the lens the person said to experiment with it in manual and not automatic because the shutter speed is weird when it is automatic and when you put it on manual it is a great way to learn

Comment

That's right you can but can't learn in auto. Need to be able to see and learn what changing all your settings will do.

---
          I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.473407,-95.128025
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Fishman, I highly suggest reading the book "Understanding Exposure" and then reading the cameras manual. The Canon 600D is a capable camera, but it takes knowledge (and sometimes gear) to make images better than snapshots.

Comment

Working...
            X