Looking for seahorses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for seahorses?

We're going to be doing an order from a seahorse supplier (breeder) in the next few weeks. Because of the sensitive nature and personality of seahorses, we like to give customers a chance to order what they want, rather than just settle with what we choose. Available are;

Erectis - Lined Seahorse - can either have enlarged cirri or reduced (my personal favorite)
    Kuda - Yellow Seahorse
    barboui - Zebra Snout Seahorse - limited supply - more sensitive
    zosterae - Dwarf Seahorse - little guys - need special attention

The supplier ensures all their horses (except zosterae) are eating frozen mysis shrimp. If you are interested in ordering seahorses, send us a PM and we will keep in contact.
    Check us out online: www.facebook.com/thefishgallery and @fgflow on twitter!

When are you guys going to order? I'm going to do some research before I commit to purchase. I'm interested in the Erectis - Lined Sea Horse. Looking for something small and maybe more colorful. How much do these seahorses usually cost? (just pm me a list of prices for the seahorses) Thanks

Comment

It will probably be our mid-week order for next week. I'm thinking we will order on tuesday or wednesday, and they will be overnight shipped.

Erectis are native to the area, and are a "hardy" seahorse. Hardy is a comparison to other seahorses. They change colors depending on their environment, stress level, and even mood. Some places will sell specifically yellow erectis, but they can change colors without much hesitation. Kuda are known for keeping their yellow color for longer.

Comment

I'd like to go with something more "hardy" since I've never kept seahorses but don't want anything that will get too big. The tank I'm stocking was a regular 20 gallon that has about 1/3 of the back divided off to be a sump/fuge. I think I probably have around 15 gallons of water in the display area

Comment

Originally posted by vinc View Post
          I'd like to go with something more "hardy" since I've never kept seahorses but don't want anything that will get too big. The tank I'm stocking was a regular 20 gallon that has about 1/3 of the back divided off to be a sump/fuge. I think I probably have around 15 gallons of water in the display area
          Kellogi might be up your alley. We get those in pretty often from our standard supplier. I always order tank bred horses. Erectis get pretty big, and really need between 30-40 for a pair. A kellogi doesn't get as big as erectis, but are still pretty hardy.

Comment

Working...
          X