Friends list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends list

Sorry if this has been discussed or even explained to me or somewhere in the forum but what does the friends list in the user cp accomplish or what is the purpose? Is there things I can not let non-friends see or is there like an instant chat box or something that shows if my friends are online when I'm on?

It's been awhile since and I can't figure it out. Only thing I've notice is I can see who likes me and who doesn't I guess.

Thank you!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

First, there's Friends and Contacts. The difference is this:

Contacts are people on your Friends list.
    Friends are people who are on your Friends list, and you are on their Friends list.

So If I have EK on my Friends list, but he doesn't have me on his, he is my Contact.
    If I have EK on my Friends list, and he also has me on his, we're Friends.

What is it for?

One thing you can do is set up privacy settings on your Profile information based on who you want to access certain areas.

Under Settings > Profile Privacy:

Data which you can restrict is:
    • Contact info
    • Profile picture
    • Visitor messages
    • Albums
    • Biography
    • Friends list
    • Recent profile visitor list
    • Group membership list
    You can set the access level to:
    • Everyone (Guests included)
    • Registered Members
    • Users on your Contact list
    • Your Friends
    There is also a popout list that you can keep up that will show you who is online, if they are in your friends/contacts list. To see it, go to Quick Links > Open Contacts Popup.

You can also send a PM to multiple people in your friends list from that popup. Just check the box next to the members you want to PM, and scroll to the bottom to click the 'Send PM' button.

That's all I know...could be more uses for it.
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

ahhhhh I see......
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Holy crap there's a lot of cool options on the quick links!
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yes sir!

Its very money. :)

Are you on my friends list? If is.....I might need to change things up.
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I wouldn't know where to start to change things and thought about toying with it but from my past experience as a admin on a forum I'm scared of messing something up and having to call traci 24/7 for help
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

As long as you can tell me what you were trying to do when you crap it up, I don't mind helping you fix it.
              Our Fishhouse
              Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

See that's the problem, I'd be all over the place clicking everything I wouldn't know where I messed up.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                X