PDA

View Full Version : Friends list

eklikewhoa
10-18-2011, 01:46 AM
Sorry if this has been discussed or even explained to me or somewhere in the forum but what does the friends list in the user cp accomplish or what is the purpose? Is there things I can not let non-friends see or is there like an instant chat box or something that shows if my friends are online when I'm on?

It's been awhile since and I can't figure it out. Only thing I've notice is I can see who likes me and who doesn't I guess.

Thank you!

imagirlgeek
10-18-2011, 09:34 PM
First, there's Friends and Contacts. The difference is this:

Contacts are people on your Friends list.
Friends are people who are on your Friends list, and you are on their Friends list.

So If I have EK on my Friends list, but he doesn't have me on his, he is my Contact.
If I have EK on my Friends list, and he also has me on his, we're Friends.

What is it for?

One thing you can do is set up privacy settings on your Profile information based on who you want to access certain areas.

Under Settings > Profile Privacy:

Data which you can restrict is:

Contact info
Profile picture
Visitor messages
Albums
Biography
Friends list
Recent profile visitor list
Group membership list
You can set the access level to:

Everyone (Guests included)
Registered Members
Users on your Contact list
Your Friends
There is also a popout list that you can keep up that will show you who is online, if they are in your friends/contacts list. To see it, go to Quick Links > Open Contacts Popup.

You can also send a PM to multiple people in your friends list from that popup. Just check the box next to the members you want to PM, and scroll to the bottom to click the 'Send PM' button.

That's all I know...could be more uses for it.

eklikewhoa
10-18-2011, 09:42 PM
ahhhhh I see......

eklikewhoa
10-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Holy crap there's a lot of cool options on the quick links!

myjohnson
10-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Yes sir!

Its very money. :)

Are you on my friends list? If is.....I might need to change things up.

eklikewhoa
10-18-2011, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't know where to start to change things and thought about toying with it but from my past experience as a admin on a forum I'm scared of messing something up and having to call traci 24/7 for help

imagirlgeek
10-18-2011, 10:30 PM
As long as you can tell me what you were trying to do when you crap it up, I don't mind helping you fix it. :icon_e_geek:

eklikewhoa
10-18-2011, 10:41 PM
See that's the problem, I'd be all over the place clicking everything I wouldn't know where I messed up.