Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discus

Hi All,

I need some feedback. Take a look at my new Discus page, let me know what you think please.

Here is a link to the page.

New Discus!

Thanks for the help.
    Vincent Churton :emt_thumbs:

Nice fish!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    Chef~PIER 61 SEAFOOD

150G~discus and altums

Comment

What are we looking at?
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Nothing specific, the old page was just name and a pic, new has more shots to start with, and you can click them to get bigger pic's. I'm trying something different, looking for suggestions

Comment

ahhhh I see.

I like pictures! Definitely helps to have lots of good pictures
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
            ahhhh I see.
            I like pictures! Definitely helps to have lots of good pictures
            Heya Vince! I like the site. Yeah I agree with Q... even if you're not into discus or a particular fish, it helps to see some of the stock. Everyone loves pics!! Maybe also post pics of some of the saltwater fish you have as well! I like that you can see when the list was last updated. And I also think Q could take a hint and update his signature, which still says he's got a pimephales promelas colony but we all know what happened to THOSE... )

Nice lookin fish and nice site too. Does it say anywhere that the discus are wild and where they're caught from? That might be a good advertising point as well.
            All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

It's hard to let go...
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                It's hard to let go...
                You murdered them.
                All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by aquabee View Post
                  You murdered them.
                  I meant the sig... not the actual colony. )
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

this is the first step, discus was first, it is a large part of a bigger remodel for the site, but i wanted feedback. The discus we have at the moment are not wild, but we do import wilds on occasion. any idea what piece of the puzzle i should update next?
                    i am taking requests.

Comment

I think the main thing is to keep it updated with at least the inventory or availability, pictures I know would be tedious to keep updated with current stock so that's not so much of a disappointed as is the not up to date availability.

A good reference picture of what to expect would be good enough and with those not so understanding of how much work it involves to keep pictures updated a disclaimer would be wise.

I wouldn't expect to see pictures of every single thing in stock like most bread and butter items but the more exclusive things would be great! Also another thing is to sort it all into categories or something easier to navigate to and not have everything everywhere.

It looks good right now though and compared to others I like it. Even better part is that you are local to me and seeing what's there before making the drive out is a plus!
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

The site is nice Good info, nice pictures, Your address, and phone number. I have never been to your store But the dicus page makes me want to come look for my self. I will come see the place. next time I'm out that way...
                        Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I like the set up better than the old one. However, I would not do the pop up window option for each item. Personally, I would keep them in the same window and add a back button or a "tree" saying where you are on the site...just my 2 cents.

Comment

Sorry i haven't been on to reply, but i have been reading all your messages and feedback, thanks so much. I'm going to start implementing some more changes in the next couple days.
                            thanks again for the info.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Thanks again for all the input on how to make the page better, im working to integrate the suggestions in as im updating the page.
                              We got a new shipment in and I havent got the pictures added, but the types are listed.

New Discus!

Comment

Working...
                              X