Pond Kit and other Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pond Kit and other Questions

Hi everyone! I have been thinking if building a pond in my backyard ever since I completed my patio a year ago, and just got the approval of my wife.

First the details:
    I plan on building a free formed pond of over 2000 gal. Roughly 11' x 9' x 3'. I don't plan on housing Koi just goldfish. I want something where all the equipment is hidden. Pond needs a waterfall filter, skimmer, and bottom drain. Will be surrounded by rocks and flagstone and have lighting. My budget, which is the most important is $2,500 or less. The area is in a partly sunny portion of my yard. I will try to post pics tomorrow.

So after doing some planning, research, and lots of reading I came across this site and I have a couple of questions.

1) Are the Atlantic Water Gardens Pond Kits any good? Specifically I am looking at a 16' x 16' kit (20x20 liner) to achieve my size.
    2) Is there a specific time of the year I should start this endeavor? I know the ground has to be good for digging, but do the fish acclimate better at certain temps?
    3) Is a heater needed in the Houston area (specifically I am in clear lake).
    4) Should I get a UV kit from day one or wait to see if it is an issue.
    5) Is there a way to connect a small fountain to a pump housed in a skimmer. I think I can just add a T to the line to the filter and valve it to a fountain, but that is one more penetration in the liner.

I am sure I will have lots more questions, but this is enough for now. I look forward to getting to know you guys more!!

Regards.

Here are some pictures of the area.

Regards.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X