Mourning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mourning

Long story short...ALL my fish are dead.

I was topping off my outdoor pond when catastrophe struck inside. I left the water on and forgot all about it, till I received a phone call at work from the neighbor the next afternoon asking if we had a water leak...his yard was soaked.

DEVASTATION!

I am so sorry for you
    10g Community Planted Aquarium
    10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
    55g Saltwater Aquarium-
    20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
    20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
    YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Comment

Sorry to hear this. I have done it too on a outside pond. I left the water running all night. if it was a inside tank we would have seen the flood and turned the water off. What kind of fish did you lose?

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

This might help in the future.http://www.lowes.com/pd_159978-74985...imer&facetInfo=

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Can you post pictures?
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I lost several algae eaters, goldfish, and a couple koi. I haven't seen my turtles, but I didn't find them dead. I suppose they were able to climb out.

I'm waiting to put more fish in till I finish the new electric and plumbing. I'm in the process of building a pergola over the pond.

As with the other times I have made mistakes, I try to put a system in place to help me not make the same mistake more than once. Hopefully I can get something in place soon.

Comment

I've been there. sorry for your loss.

Let me know when you are ready for fish again. . . I have some koi/ goldfish for you.
              Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
              Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
              Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
              Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Suggestion

I have done this before too....turtles did not get away luckily. I now use a small mechanical timer that I picked up at Harbor Freight for three bucks.

Approximate how long it will take the pond to fill, turn to desired time......may not be perfect, but will get you in the neighborhood of full and not kill the fish.

The timer works well for sprinklers in the yard too (I have forgotten those as well). I do not have a hose outside that is not on one of these timers

Originally posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
                Long story short...ALL my fish are dead.

I was topping off my outdoor pond when catastrophe struck inside. I left the water on and forgot all about it, till I received a phone call at work from the neighbor the next afternoon asking if we had a water leak...his yard was soaked.

DEVASTATION!

Comment

Sorry about your loss, I know the feeling, that's how I found this board, we lost 35 koi to a water hose. My 5 year old still tells me she is sorry for drowning the fish, It is hard to explain the effects of chlorine and all to a 5 year old.

Comment

Working...
                  X