Shrimp Cycling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrimp Cycling

Ok as I'm going the humane route this time. Will 1 large raw shrimp be enough to jump start my cycle? I have a 30G biocube.

And, should I just drop it in and let it sink to the bottom or leave it in a mesh bag or something? I was thinking the itty bitty critters who come out at night may want to take a bite at it.....thoughts?
    We got de Hooch baby!

Just drop it in the tank. What itty bitty critter do you have in the tank?

Comment

Originally posted by alexrex20 View Post
      Just drop it in the tank. What itty bitty critter do you have in the tank?
      That I know of....about half a dozen baby shrimp. We're talking tiny! Between 1/8-1/4" long and about 1/16" wide. Cute little guys, fun to watch scurry around the bottom in the morning.
      We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

Originally posted by dhutch View Post
        Ok as I'm going the humane route this time. Will 1 large raw shrimp be enough to jump start my cycle? I have a 30G biocube.

And, should I just drop it in and let it sink to the bottom or leave it in a mesh bag or something? I was thinking the itty bitty critters who come out at night may want to take a bite at it.....thoughts?
        1 tiny piece of raw shrimp is good enough. Without big fish to consume it, a piece of shrimp takes a long time to decompose. When I last tried this method, I had to remove a good part of it after a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
        X