Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Rock Prices

Quick question.....

Went by a LFS today close to me and they have a pretty good selection of live rock. (Sizes and type)

Their prices range from $7-10 per lb depending on type. Is this the going rate for live rock? Just cringing at the idea of spending $150 on just rock.
    We got de Hooch baby!

That's a bit high. $5-6/lb is more like it, even for "premium" types.

Check out Global Leader Aquatics in Atascocita. He has some excellent live rock for about $6/lb.

Comment

Originally posted by alexrex20 View Post
      That's a bit high. $5-6/lb is more like it, even for "premium" types.

Check out Global Leader Aquatics in Atascocita. He has some excellent live rock for about $6/lb.
      That's who I was talking to today. I love their little shop, and it's great to have a SW only LFS so close!
      We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

I did see that their LR had some stowaways, which is exciting!
        We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

His prices must've gone up. Anyway, his live rock is a lot nicer than what you'll find at other LFS, so it's easier (for me) to justify the cost.

As for the hitchhikers... My LR from him had plenty of bristleworms. Luckily, they're not the bad kind, but if you're anti-bristleworm, it's something to watch out for.

Comment

i had some extra a week or so ago for $3 per lb,

how much are you looking for

I can take some out from 1 of my 4 reef tanks

$4.50 per lb

Comment

If you want pest free rocks go with dry rock. I'm going to order stuff from BRS next week so don't worry for shipping cost.

Comment

semper doesn't cured live rock slow down the cycling of a new tank?

mgarrido when are you making this purchase?

Question....does having say 50% LR and 50% dry rock hurt the cycling of the tank? I know the coraline algae will eventually make its way onto the dry rock, but how long does this take?
                We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

Working...
                X