A little professional courtesy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little professional courtesy

When you are selling multiple items in your thread, and you already sold some of the items, do not just edit it to say SOLD. Delete the whole thing from the listing!

I really don't understand the point of keeping SOLD items in your listing.
    Last edited by alexrex20; 09-11-2011, 12:28 PM.

I don't understand why someone using the term 'professional' would use that type of language.
    Msmatagorda

Comment

You should give a little of what you are requesting to the Admin. and Mods of this site . There is no need for your thread in the Fish Market Forum . The Admin.....has already created a section for your issue . That section is called Website Feedback, Suggestions, or Questions .

Comment

I'm not sure what thread you are referring to. You are welcomed to PM it to me if you'd like (please don't post it here), and I'll look at it to see if there is anything wrong with what the OP did.

But if I'm reading it right, I'm imagining that the person did something like this...

Item 1 - $10
        Item 2 - $30 - Sold
        Item 3 - $5
        Item 4 - $20 - Sold

If this is what you are talking about, this is actually how we've been doing it around here for a long time. It allows the person to keep track of what they've listed and sold, and IMO, didn't really hurt anything. I might be misunderstanding your issue, so please feel free to PM me the link to the thread you are talking about.
        Our Fishhouse
        Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Originally posted by alexrex20 View Post
          When you are selling multiple items in your thread, and you already sold some of the items, do not just edit it to say SOLD. Delete the whole thing from the listing!

I really don't understand the point of keeping SOLD items in your listing.
          I don't see the problem in the way we've been doing it some time now. You are the first person that I have ever heard complain about this. <modsnip>
          Last edited by imagirlgeek; 09-11-2011, 01:28 PM. Reason: Removed a sentence
          Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
            If this is what you are talking about, this is actually how we've been doing it around here for a long time. It allows the person to keep track of what they've listed and sold, and IMO, didn't really hurt anything. I might be misunderstanding your issue, so please feel free to PM me the link to the thread you are talking about.
            I actually like it that way, for that reason, and also in case you're planning to sell something and need to look around at previous sales to find out what price the item's going for, for example.
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Yes, it's nice to have them come up in searches to find real-world selling prices, but at the same time it gets annoying when all your search results lead to items that are SOLD, but still actively listed.

IMO, sold items should be deleted from the thread. If all items are sold, the entire thread should be deleted (just like on Craigslist).

If this issue hasn't come up, then maybe I'm just being a crybaby. :/

Comment

If this were like a craigslist or ebay type site, I would agree. No reason to have old items hanging around. But since this is a fish forum, and the fish market is just a part of it, we tend to like to keep things around. Personally, I find it irritating to see a thread that has been edited to the point where the title is changed to SOLD (with nothing else), and the post has been edited to only contain a period.

I wish I had a solution that would solve the problem. Let me think on it, but so far, all the ideas I have would put a lot of extra work on the Mods and myself.
                Our Fishhouse
                Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

It's not yalls responsibility to police this (non-)issue, but thanks for the response and effort. I wouldn't call it a "problem." It's just something that annoys me.

Comment

Working...
                  X