help me tim!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me tim!

i mixed your pack of cherry shrimp with another small colony of cherry shrimp. and for the first 2 weeks, everything was smooth. but in the last 3 days. every morning when i turn on the light, i notice one single dead shrimp and the whole tank feeding on him or her. here's the crazy thing. i think it's happening in pitch darkness. because i stay up till 4 am and never catch anything dead. but 7 am and there it is. i don't know what's going on in those 3 hours.

water is at 78 degree, ph 6.5, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5ppm. i'm using aquasoil amazonia. no co2, heavily planted with java moss, java ferns, and frogbits. they get a tiny pinch of hikari shrimp crusine every other day and usually finish in 10 minutes of feeding.

Are they dead shrimp or just a exoskeleton after molting...
    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

it's a dead shrimp. they eat the flesh first, then the exo.

Comment

Ive had some adult shrimp die off mostly females all within a few days of each other one was berried. I tested my water and all the parameters were good. I just figured it was their time to go to that big aquarium in the sky...

I would be worried if it was more than one shrimp at a time dying...
        Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

yeah, last 2 days were big shrimps. this morning was a younger smaller one. just one at a time. i'm going to change their feeding time to 15 minutes before light out to see if it change anything

Comment

Are you using new AS?

WC schedule?
            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

The aquasoil is about 6 weeks old. It was running for 3 weeks before I got the shrimps from you.

I do a one gallon water change every week. No one die this morning. I'm feeding them right now before light out and see if those 3 were an isolated incident.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool glad no more deaths...
                Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X