dwarf brittle stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dwarf brittle stars

Who in the gulf coast area has these little guys in their tank of fuge? I have read that those that have them, can often spare some just like you thin your fuge algae.

I cannot find anything bad from anyone on the web.

Hawaii has white ones, and I have read of tiger striped. I understand they have different reproduction methods. I'm good with either.

Anyone?
    39g Crypt/ anubias, wild shrimp and minnows.

55g Reef- first salt in many many years, coming along. Looking great, and stable. Garden mix of soft/lps corals. DIY refugeum

20g Reef- different than the first by design.

i got like 4 in my nano. they hitch hiked in my tank in rocks. but they're in the rock and won't come out. i have to target feed them about once a week.

Comment

I have 3-4 small sponge brittle stars that arrived with my orange tree sponge, but they stay with the sponge.

Are yours brown tiger or smaller white?

55g Reef- first salt in many many years, coming along. Looking great, and stable. Garden mix of soft/lps corals. DIY refugeum

Comment

You shouldn't need to target feed them. They are like roaches at night, and do not get target feeding in the wild.
        I spread a sprinkle of my freshwater flakes for all of my detritus feeders to find for nibbling.

Comment

mine is brown. i see. never thought of using flakes for marine. i'll give it a try next feeding date

Comment

I probably have a hundred of the striped ones in my 65 gal tank and 29 gal bottom tank, up to about silver dollar size. They are in my powerheads, under rocks, under corals, basically everywhere. Mine have spawned at least twice, they all come out of the rocks and go crazy shortly after the lights go out.

Comment

Think you could spare a couple trdkrb? :P

Comment

Working...
              X