5.5 gallon Shrimp tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.5 gallon Shrimp tank

First time setting up a shrimp tank, maybe slowly add more low light mosses or something. still missing twigs and driftwoods. basically just set up so far for the shrimps to live. lol.

sorry for bad pictures lol. used my iPhone 4.
    Last edited by muuunkeeyy; 09-04-2011, 10:59 PM.

nice tank, what is that moss in the last 2 pictures? i want some of it

Comment

Originally posted by Ca Nguyen View Post
      not really sure lol. got em from Tim though.

Comment

it looks like java moss.

a piece of drift wood and some places to hide and they will be pretty happy,

What kind of light is that?

Have you had any jumpers yet?
        Last edited by sunkenmetal; 08-05-2011, 02:21 PM.
        Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
          it looks like java moss.

a piece of drift wood and some places to hide and they will be pretty happy,

What kind of light is that?

Have you had any jumpers yet?
          lol yeah im looking around for some twigs or drift wood of some sort so i can actually aquascape instead of having stuff js laying around lol. the light is some LED desk lamp light from walmart i got awhile back...its like 2.4w. sufficient so far for my moss. lol! and no jumpers thus far. :)
          Last edited by muuunkeeyy; 08-05-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca Nguyen View Post
            Subwassertang
            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

freshwater seaweed nice im still learning plants... lol
              Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

the crs look pretty nice. how many do you have in there or are planning to have? the top floating moss looks like riccia it pearls a ton under high light and can be a very messy plant the bottom seaweed thing is a suberwassertang forgive the spelling:) Whats your ph because they like low ph and are sensitive to nitrates so keep up the water changes and congratulations and good luck.

Comment

i haven't really actually done a pH test, but i hope it is within the correct range. ill do it later when i get home lol. the indian almond leaf is supposed to bring down the pH a bit so i was hoping that would help. i usually do water changes with water that already has indian almond leaves sitting in it so the pH should be around the same. shrimps love the leaf other than my moss ball i got today lol.

Comment

well i js did a test today..my pH is still in the 7.6 range -_- lol. and my temperature is a constant 76F

Comment

I think the most important thing is constant PH and Temp, I think its the sudden changes that harm them.

LOL we will see what the shrimp expert has to say :)
                      Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

guess the shrimps loving hanging upside-down on the ricca plant things yal said lol. like 4 upside-down picking at it.

Comment

RCS and CRS are scavengers so they love to crawl around and find things to eat lol
                          Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
                            I think the most important thing is constant PH and Temp, I think its the sudden changes that harm them.

LOL we will see what the shrimp expert has to say :)
                            I'll agree with you -- stability is key with most shrimps. Breeding seems to increase at lower pH in my experience. I haven't had crystal reds for very long myself . . . I'd like to hear from the shrimp experts too.
                            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

is molting considered a good thing? its only been a week and I've found like at least 6-7 molted shells from the 9 shrimps that are left. lol. i know its a sign of growth, but is it a good thing because it might be kind of excessive isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X