Bumblebee shrimp?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumblebee shrimp?!?!

Has anyone ever kept these??? they are even more specific feeders than the harlequin shrimp, and only eat the tube feet of echinoderms.

The little guys have perked my interest, but I'm concerned they might be food. How do they compare in size to sexy shrimp?
    75 planted (Being Renovated)
    Endlers
    gobies
    lots of nanos

I am confused. Are you going to get some? or do you know where they are? or are you looking for them? Do you have a scientific name so I can google them?
    45G Cichlid and Turtle

Comment

Temperament: Peaceful
      Reef Compatible: Yes
      Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.023-1.025
      Max. Size: 1"
      Color Form: Orange, Tan, White, Yellow
      Diet: Carnivore
      Supplements: Calcium, Iodine
      Compatibility: View
      Chart Origin: Indo-Pacific
      Family: Gnathophyllidae

The Bumble Bee Shrimp will feed upon the tube feet of echinoderms, but do not require them for survival. Offer them pieces of frozen meaty foods such as brine or mysis shrimp, cockle, or small pieces of fish. They should be offered these foods daily.

this is just what i found on the internet.
      45G Cichlid and Turtle

Comment

Yeah I found the liveaquaria info sheet. It makes me wary to be offering them food that isn't acceptable. If they "survive" on other offerings, but will just hide in a hole or wither away like mandarins fed pellets. I don't want to get several for them all to die or just hide forever.

I have a little something in the works, so I'm just getting some ideas. It should be coming together in the next few weeks.
        Im trying to find something that won't eat sponges, gorgonians and polyps. And are fairly "timid" feeders.
        75 planted (Being Renovated)
        Endlers
        gobies
        lots of nanos

Comment

Working...
        X