Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goby and Shrimp Discussion

Vason,

Dont by anything yet. Some shrimps will kill each other.

I can give you some links if you want to read more about it.
    I ate my fish that died.

Ok, thanks Thai. I just want simple stock and was thinking a few inverts and maybe just one cool small fish.
    ADA mini-m planted
    ADA mini-m riparium
    ADA 30-C nano reef
    ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
    ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
    Eheim 90cm SA biotope
    110g Peacocks

Comment

How big of a tank is this? It will determine how much inverts and fish you can keep.

Here some links that help you fine some some inverts you like:

All hotels in Cebu. The best selection of Cebu hotels with reviews and maps. Book in advance and save.

All hotels in Cebu. The best selection of Cebu hotels with reviews and maps. Book in advance and save.

Personally, I would recommend these:

1) Pistol shrimp and goby combos

Here is a picture of Stonogobiops yasha pairs up with Alpheus bellulus. There are a lot of different types of gobies that have symbiotic relationship with pistol shrimps. The tiger pistol shrimp AKA Alpheus bellulus is one of the best looking IMHO. There a lot of other pistol shrimps (which I will not go into now). Interestingly these they have a symbiotic relationship with a long list of gobies. They dig a hole in the sandy. Normally between the sand and a rock. They share the whole together. The goby keeps watch for the both of them. The shrimps job is to fine and share food. Here is a picture of how they look.

Last edited by myjohnson; 07-04-2011, 11:27 AM. Reason: added links
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

2) sex shrimp, thor amboinensis, and anemone combo

These shrimps come over all over the reefs of the Indo-Pacific (among others), in the wild they live within the tentacles of an anemone. They can host anemones, mushrooms, ricordia and bubble coral. Also, they are not limited to corals only and adapt to hosting other types if they feel like it. These two have a symbiotic relationship. Anemones help protect the shrimp and the shrimp helps feed the coral.

3) Pom Pom Crab and Anemone

The Pom Pom Crab has anemones in each claw which it has a symbiotic relationship with. The crab will defense itself against predators. The anemone is benefited when the crab goes looking for left over food and detritus. Caution should be used when adding this crab to a reef aquarium as the anemones could sting sessile invertebrates and corals.
        Last edited by myjohnson; 07-04-2011, 11:19 AM.
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Yeah, that would me a favorite combo.

But I would get the high fin goby for my pistol. I like that color combo.
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Thai, I already have 4 sexy shrimps. How about an Emperor shrimp? I dont mind getting rid of the sexy shrimp if I can get keep successfully an emperor! I would even upgrade tanks to have one.

ADA mini-m planted
            ADA mini-m riparium
            ADA 30-C nano reef
            Eheim 90cm SA biotope
            110g Peacocks

Comment

I still dont know what fish to keep. Probably just stick to inverts.
              ADA mini-m planted
              ADA mini-m riparium
              ADA 30-C nano reef
              Eheim 90cm SA biotope
              110g Peacocks

Comment

Originally posted by screename View Post
                Thai, I already have 4 sexy shrimps. How about an Emperor shrimp? I dont mind getting rid of the sexy shrimp if I can get keep successfully an emperor! I would even upgrade tanks to have one.

that's nice...
                -Chowchaucow

Comment

They are symbiotic with nudibranchs. The challenge will be keeping the nudi alive without trashing all your corals.
                  75 planted (Being Renovated)
                  Endlers
                  gobies
                  lots of nanos

Comment

Working...
                  X