May Meeting on the 28th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Meeting on the 28th

In addition to our Field Trip on May 21, HAAPS will still be having a regular meeting on May 28th. It will be at kwc1974's house (PM Kevin for address and directions). Topic of discussion will be aquascaping technique, hardscape placement, and creating "depth". We'll use Kevin's "Cypress" tank as an example. If time allows, I'll give some tips on how to use those techniques in a low tech or NPT setting.

Meeting time will be 1:00. Don't come hungry, but you can feel free to bring a snack if you wish (Maybe The Old Man will bring Tootsie Rolls!! ).

-Dave

Just a quick look into June, we plan on meeting in a more central spot in Houston. You can come hungry to that one. :) Details to come...
    Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
    Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Dave
    Thanks for posting this, my mind feels like jello right now with how busy we are getting.
    Yes please do PM me if you need directions.
    Houston Areas Aquatic Plant Society

Comment

Well, Old Man made good on the Tootsie Rolls (but I forgot to sneak them home!!! ) and we discussed proper trimming, visual depth and eye movement, prepping a scape for a photo shoot, and proper water change methods. We had a killer of a time.

Comment

Sorrt I missed it 8^(

Comment

Originally posted by davemonkey View Post
          We had a killer of a time.
          Dude you are wrong! You did not have to bring that up.

LOL

Despite all of the water changing, the tank still had a haze the next day even with carbon filtering. It was a slight haze but it showed up in the pic. I just decided to stop worrying about it and submitted the layout. Probably will have point deducted but what can you do.

Comment

:) Kevin, can you post the pic, or does it have to remain unpublished until after the contest? By the way, did you make it over to ADG Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by davemonkey View Post
              :) Kevin, can you post the pic, or does it have to remain unpublished until after the contest? By the way, did you make it over to ADG Sunday?
              Dave, yeah I made it over there.

I will post the updated pick soon, I don't think that there is a problem now that it is registered. but I want to wait a while to make sure.

May try to do a water change first. wanna help?

Comment

Yes...let me bring over my high-tech carbon/micron filter and we'll set it up like an system flush.

Comment

Working...
                X