Most Recent Catches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Recent Catches

Since the storms have made the jetties barren for the next week or so, I went to the seagrass flats for something a little different. I spent about an hour scouring around with my dip net, and came up with a few new buddies for a side project...

5 Gulf pipefish, 4 of which are pretty big (5+ inches long)

This is a chain pipe. The picture is bad, but after looking closer at it today, the color pattern gives it away.

This little guy is my biggest treat. I really have no idea what he/she is. Too small to tell at this point. My money is on a sargassum pipefish, which would be awesome because they are crazy cool when they are adults.

They are all eating live baby brine, which is easy enough for me to keep a small culture of just for them. I will be going back until I get Seahorses... Hopefully not too long.
    75 planted (Being Renovated)
    Endlers
    gobies
    lots of nanos

nice catches. I've been thinking about doing some pipefishes as well.

Comment

Can you give me an idea of how to distinguish chains from gulf pipefish without counting rings? I found one this weekend, and if it's a gulf pipefish I'd be interested in gradually dropping the salinity down to near freshwater so I could feed it live daphnia and scuds.

Comment

Nice catch bro I like them I want to go next time you head out collecting
        Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

Working...
        X