too much light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too much light?

i bought a coralife deluxe 24" light from a friend on impulse today.

it use two 65 watt. one 6,700k, which i replaced with a 10,000k bulb i have laying around. the other is a actinic bulb which i left alone. would the k make a difference? i also have a 12,000k laying around.

i did some reading a while back, and remember something about 4-6 watt pet gallon. i'm going to be using this for a 10 gallon tank that's only going to be 1 feet deep. at best, it would only hold 8 gallons, so is 16ish watt a gallon too much?

Naw you should be fine, watch the algae, break in the tank slowly. I would use the 12k bulb for more blue, it will make your corals pop.

Comment

that light should work good. but with a 6700 and a 10k its gonna be very white/yellow.
      25g - Reef
      3.5g - Surge Tank
      10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

the coralife light is being used in a planted tank. i just started a 10 gallons saltwater tank with 3/4 an inch of aragonite bed and 13 pounds of live rocks. i panted the interior of the kit hood white, threw two 14 watt 6,700k compact fluorescent light in there, and sealed it off with silicon. there's about 8 gallons of water in the tank and a 1 inch clownfish. i want to give some corals a shot. if i place them at the middle or higher end of the tank, could it possibly work? if so, what corals would live?

Comment

Working...
        X