Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gulf Coast Ecosystems (salterwater Macro-algae)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulf Coast Ecosystems (salterwater Macro-algae)

Have to give these guys a great review. I ordered some turtle grass, shoal grass, and a mangrove prop from them, and everything looks great.

The red mangrove prop was only 3 dollars, and will be great in my fuge. It doesn't have leaves yet (probably best for shipping), but a few roots and looks healthy without any scratches or bruises.

I ordered 2 stems of Turtle grass, but got what looks like 5. Each had in-tact roots and many even have rhizomes to bud new plants. With each unit only being 4 dollars, I definitely got my money's worth.

The shoal grass is rediculous. I ordered 1 "bunch" (which was $10), but got enough to plant my entire 30 gallon tank with only half. I'm going to give my girlfriend the rest to plant her brackish tank. These too have tons of roots, most have rhizomes and many have multiple plants together.

Over-all every plant looks very healthy, and I'm confident I won't have much die-off. Only negative is that they use USPS 2-day shipping, which isn't the cheapest. USPS also has crappy package tracking. It's either leaving, or it has been delivered, which isn't the best. I still made out like a bandit, as most of this stuff isn't even for sale around here. If I had done a group order the shipping wouldn't matter, as it is a flat rate.

I like this place because it's a real family business. I know I'm not just giving my money to another Foster and Smith sub-company. I'll definitely be doing business with them again.

Their website is www.live-plants.com
    75 planted (Being Renovated)
    Endlers
    gobies
    lots of nanos

I just received an order from GCE and was very impressed. The packing is excellent. Insulated box, cold packs and each item double bagged with enough water to buffer them against the turbulence of shipping. GCE's packing ensures that your items arrive in good condition even with the heat... can't say that for one of the other popular macroalgae suppliers. The portions are also really nice and large. It may cost a little more, but again, the difference between GCE and others makes it worth it.

Comment

Working...
    X