sulawesi shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sulawesi shrimp

Nowadays it seems like every one is getting interested in sulawesi shrimp does anybody keep any other kinds besides malawa and cardinals? What kind?

Here are some pictures of my white orchids:

Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Since when have you had them? Have they been breeding and are used to houson's water? Did you import or did you buy from a dealer or something.

Comment

I've had these guys for a couple months. I got them from phongts on Aquabid. They are WC. They have not bred for me (that I've noticed) yet. They are living in Houston tap water.
        Last edited by armthehomeless; 03-27-2011, 11:02 PM.
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?

Comment

Thats nice that you've got them adjusted to houston's water. Did you have to pay a hefty price for these? Were there major die offs?

Comment

Originally posted by fishman1 View Post
            Did you have to pay a hefty price for these?
            YES!
            Were there major die offs?
            No. Bought 10. 2 DOA. One died withing 24 hours. Still have 7 (I think). Keep in mind that although these are WC, they had been stateside (CA) for a month before I got them.

I never see all of them at the same time. This used to bother me . . . but I experienced the same thing with the cardinal shrimp at first. I took a couple months for them to really get out and in the open in their new environment. Some species are more shy than others. The malawa . . . and others are less shy. I've heard that harlequins are more shy.

Comment

Yeah, after setting up my tank at home, things come out almost perfect with just houston tap water. pH is a touch low (7.6), but I've read that people keep their sulawesi shrimp in much lower (as low as 7.2). GH and KH are right on target.
              75 planted (Being Renovated)
              Endlers
              gobies
              lots of nanos

Comment

Sounds good. I'm excited to have more shimp keepers in houston. Who knows . . . shrimp may be the next tropheus!

Comment

heads up these are some really nice ones.

Comment

. . . need more tanks . . .

Comment

I have tried keeping cardinals at 7.4-7.6 it didn't work out too well. :(

Comment

I have tried keeping cardinals at 7.4-7.6 it didn't work out too well. :(
                        How long did they last? what was your general experience?
                        75 planted (Being Renovated)
                        Endlers
                        gobies
                        lots of nanos

Comment

I kept them in there for about a week but noticed the slowly dieing off so I started a new tank with aragonite sand and moved them there. 2 survived when I transfered them but the stress was too much so they ended up dieing.

Comment

Working...
                          X