Beware! AquariumPlants.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware! AquariumPlants.com

I ordered an Ecoxotic EcoPico aquarium from AquariumPlants.com which was listed “in stock.” I called last Friday to check on the order and was told the tank would arrive on Monday or Tuesday. Today is Wednesday. I called them again today for a tracking number and was told the tank is on back-order. Today, the tank is still listed as “in stock” on their website. They charged my credit card the day the order was placed, but were not going to tell me they didn’t even have the tank to sell! I think this is very dishonest. I was planning on buying plants from them...not any more. If my LFS doesn’t have something, I’ll do without.
    Sorry, had to vent. :( :( :(

Can you get your money back?

Have not really hear anything about this company, but I tend to get my stuff local. ADG usually is my spot for what I need. They will be selling the ecopico soon, and if you are a HAAPS member you should get a discount.

If you are into plant you should check out our next meeting this Saturday Looks to be good
    Houston Areas Aquatic Plant Society

Comment

moved to retailer feedback.
      25g - Reef
      3.5g - Surge Tank
      10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

cichlid,
        Sorry I posted this in the wrong place, I didn’t go down the page far enough. Thanks for directing me to some interesting postings.

Comment

kwc,
          They said they would credit my account, but they can’t give me back the two days I spent waiting for the delivery guy. I was really excited about getting this tank after I read Mzungu postings about her EcoPico in the planted tank catagory. Now I think that both Ecoxotic and that website have lost a customer. Sour grapes I know. I’m like you, I prefer to support the LFS whenever possible because I want them to stay in business. However, they didn’t have any. Bummer.

Comment

Well it is not Ecoxotic's fault, but I understand.

I have seen these tanks in person under differant configuations (lighting, useage) and except for the black silicone I like them. Simple, small and easy to use. From talkin to some people in the know the version two will be even better.
            Houston Areas Aquatic Plant Society

Comment

That's unfortunate. I've ordered from aquariumplants.com before and was pretty impressed with the speed and quality of the products. It's been a long time though.

It's just not good practice to charge the credit card before the order is actually shipped.
              Our Fishhouse
              Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

:) Yay. Glad my post made someone want one, too!

Sorry about your experience. Can I ask why you didn't just order from the Ecoxotic website?
                "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Mzungu,
                  I think your posts are illuminating and often inspirational.

I wish I had ordered it from Ecoxotic direct. I was browsing the plant website, saw the EcoPico “in stock” and placed my order. I never ordered from them before. So much for impulse buying. :)

Comment

Working...
                  X