Spammers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spammers?

Has there been a problem with spammers lately? Either that or people are not to bright. Not trying to be rude at all. Now I refuse to deal with people who have 0 post. If it is spam, what could be the reason for spammers to post?

lol I just saw the "spam-o-matic statistics" for the first time now.

Comment

Yes. I installed some new Anti-spam software a few days ago and we haven't had any get through since then, as far as I know. Feel free to PM me anyone you think might be a spammer and I can check to see where they are located and do a little research on their registration information.

As for the 'why' part of the question...I have no idea. They are bottom feeders who apparently have too much time on their hands.
      Our Fishhouse
      Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Thanks. Well I did have a couple people resond to my for sale thread. I'll PM you with some of the people with 0 post.

Comment

Jose I do agree with you the buy sale trade forum is full of 0 posters asking questions and as far as I can tell never buying anything
          Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

I don't like posting items for sale anymore. Good thing for that new feature. Don't want HFB getting like craigslist. Going off subject, I wish I wouldv'e known about you jhenry, before I filled up my 260g. I have an ugly stand! lol

Comment

Also whats up with all the guest that are viewing this thread. I thought only signed in members can only see? And when you make a new thread, there are a lot of views instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                Also whats up with all the guest that are viewing this thread. I thought only signed in members can only see? And when you make a new thread, there are a lot of views instantly.
                All guests can view all the posts, but only registered members can post. It's pretty much just 'read only' as a guest. And all those views you see instantly are search engine bots indexing the site so they will show up in search engines.

Originally posted by jhenry View Post
                Jose I do agree with you the buy sale trade forum is full of 0 posters asking questions and as far as I can tell never buying anything
                The people with 0 posts in the Fish Market are people who ONLY post in the Fish Market. It doesn't really mean they haven't ever posted, it just means they've never posted outside the Fish Market.
                Our Fishhouse
                Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Working...
                X