• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March Meeting

Date Saturday March 26th
    Time 1:00pm
    Location ADG

Topics will be following up with our converstation about club start up (rules, bylaws and such). Also we are short one member for the board, this needs to be addressed as well. Membership dues will also be collected as well.

I have a Tropica DVD that we will watch.

Also we will disscuss the April plant collection trip (Where, when and how)
    Houston Areas Aquatic Plant Society

Nice. I may go. I missed the NASH stuff.
    Emerald Green Rainbowfish
    Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Hopefully I won't forget this one! I was so looking forward to being at the first one, but totally forgot. :(
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I might try to come.
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

If Im not working, Ill be there for sure.
          ADA mini-m planted
          ADA mini-m riparium
          ADA 30-C nano reef
          ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
          ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
          Eheim 90cm SA biotope
          110g Peacocks

Comment

Where is ADG?

Comment

3520 South Sam Houston Pkwy. East
              Suite 100
              Houston, TX 77047

Basically, just east of 288 and 8.
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
                3520 South Sam Houston Pkwy. East
                Suite 100
                Houston, TX 77047

Basically, just east of 288 and 8.
                Thanks. Been doing the spring break thing with my boy.

Comment

Is anything required to attend the meeting?
                  30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

Update, we have been offered the use of another DVD to watch as opposed to the Tropica DVD. The new DVD is the "King of Nature Aquarium Takashi Amano Planted Aquarium Lecture in Malaysia" This is the new DVD that is going to be offered soon by ADA for I believe $15 usd

TexSun, no nothing is required except an interest in planted aquariums. This will be your first meeting so it will be free, annual membership fees (which will be low and finalized this Saturday) will get you into the rest of the meetings and events.

Comment

Im looking forward to watching the Amano dvd!
                      Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
                      Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Comment

It feels like it's been two months since the first meeting...I'm ready for tomorrow to be here!! I think I may need to print out a few more copies of the newsletter. :)

Comment

I know it has been been that long looking at the growth of the cuttings I got last time. I'll bring pictures for now and maybe some cuttings to trade next meeting. The Potamogeton had a severe melt away but is fully acclimated now as I notice a lot of new leaves.

Comment

Hello all...

Thanks for putting this on, it was great to meet everyone. I hope this club develops and helps to promote the hobby. Being the fourth largest metropolitan area in the United States, the Houston area is due for a club like this, and I hope more people become involved and participate. Thank to Mike, et al, for allowing the meetings to take place, and for the tour of the ADG facilities. For those who have not been, it is as one would expect, only the best.

I really liked the "office" cube tanks that ADG had, and was ready to purchase one, but I will wait to see what the next generation looks like. I've been wanting one for my office for a long time, and what I saw at the ADG site was a pleasure to the eyes, and does not break the bank. Those new LED lights were impressive; we witnessed the future there.

I hope to see the group go collecting soon; it will be great to get some so called "expensive" plants that grow in our own backyard. Please let us all know when the trip will take place.

Thanks again. -Albert
                            Last edited by HookTheBrotherUp; 03-26-2011, 09:30 PM.

Comment

It was great seeing new faces today and I'm glad we got to visit. The ADG shop is coming along NICE...if you've never checked it out, you've got to. We actually got to witness a photo shoot of a new set up.

Anyway, the video was great but we forgot to talk about plant collecting (at least as far as a destination goes). Let's all take some time to think about it and then discuss it via the forums. I started a "Field Trip" thread a couple weeks ago that we can post in.

Comment

Working...
                              X