Dead "live coral" and shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead "live coral" and shrimp

Any issue if I use dead "live coral" in freshwater setup with shrimp like Red Cherries?
    Raul
    PokerFace

I think it should be fine though it will likely add to the Hardness and PH in the tank. With Cherries and most of the Neocardina it will likely be fine, but with Crystal reds and Tigers they prefer a more neutral to acidic water parameter. I think it will act as a great biological factory in the tank once it is established though. I know a few folks have utilized crushed coral as substrate in Sulawesi tanks as a PH buffer.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

You'll be fine.
      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Alright...getting a step closer.
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

Originally posted by rrocket2002 View Post
          Any issue if I use dead "live coral" in freshwater setup with shrimp like Red Cherries?
          I don't know about fresh water but some well-meaning relatives gave me some good looking pieces of deal coral skeletons to use in my salt water tank. After a few months they stunk to high heaven. I had a lots of trouble with my livestocks, and the dead coral played a part in it, I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
          X