feeding snakes to a fahaka ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeding snakes to a fahaka ??

has any one ever fed their fahakas grass snakes ?

never tried with my old fahaka. I wouldn't though. just stick with their natural diet. it's easy to cultivate your own snails in a 10g tote.
    ‎Haiku's are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

Comment

I caught small grass snake yesterday and thought it would be a great little protein snack for them...

I tried snails once, they showed no attention to them at all.. I usually feed them krill, blood worms, crawfish, and the occassional rosy red....

Comment

I'd be worried about introducing something to the tank that might harm the puffer. Like, pesticides, for example. You never know what the snake has ingested or moved through. That's not only snakes though, I don't like to introduce anything into the tank that was once in the yard without sterilizing it.
        Our Fishhouse
        Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

walmart sells bags of frozen crabs for about 3-4 bucks. I used to buy one and it would last me a month or so.
          ‎Haiku's are easy
          But sometimes they don't make sense
          Refrigerator

Comment

Originally posted by stevenallenbarnard View Post
            walmart sells bags of frozen crabs for about 3-4 bucks. I used to buy one and it would last me a month or so.
            Really?? Whole crabs, or chunks of crab, or what? I'm very interested in looking for that. We get nightcrawlers at Walmart for our puffers.
            Our Fishhouse
            Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Working...
            X