MTS bloom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTS bloom!

Hey guys I need assassin snails please. I've got this crazy MTS bloom thats ridiculous. I've got a 150 with 10 assassins in there but they are fighting a losing war. I've had them in for a week now and I'm starting to see more MTS now than a week ago. I need some more assassins. Anyone got about 15-20 to spare? I was thinking of moving my clowns from community tank to my 150 discus tank but not sure if it's risky to put the clowns in? They are 2 inches long. Is there a cool looking Botia species that would squash an MTS issue too?
    Chef~PIER 61 SEAFOOD

150G~discus and altums

I will say it takes a good while before your assassins will decimate your MTS colony. I had a ridiculous population and added 5 Assassins and it took them about 6-8 months, but now I have absolutely none in there and more assassins then I can count. You could add the botia's, but I have never had any experience with clowns and Assassins together. I have noticed that unless the botias are famished then they will ignore MTS as they are not very appetizing to them. I would suggest either adding more assassins or simply waiting out the time. I'd offer some of mine, but its a long drive up to the Woodlands from the south side.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

I agree, assassins are not quick fix but they will get the job done. I added 10 of them to my 150 gallon aquarium and after a couple of months I did not notice any MTS.
      150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
      125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
      115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Those clowns will eat them, I bought 5 for my 85g and now I do not see as much as I did before.
        500g ????
        220g F1 Blue Giant Petrochromis

180g WC Cyphotilapia Frontosa Moba.
        30g Fry tank

Comment

Working...
        X