My 25gallon salt journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 25gallon salt journal

So here we go...picked up this tank from work and have decided to learn the world of saltwater. I figure that it is needed to stay current in the aquatics industry. This tank is from Ecoxotics and it is their 25gallon LED system. So far I have done a dry scape and then tonight added my saltwater mixed with TropicMarin salt. I am going to have a friend come over and explain the skimmer to me a bit more and show me how to dial it in.

250gallon-Wild Angels, community

wow very nice. Does adg have stock of those bad boys or is it on a per order basis? I didn't realize it came with a skimmer.

Can you go into detail what kinda equipment you got for it so far?

Comment

Ballin ant easy son! The set up looks clean. Automatically punking most folks out the box!

Taken steps in the right direction.

I got three letters for you.....N-P-S! :)
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

The only equipment I have for it is what came with the setup up. ADG doesnt keep these in stock...yet, but Im sure it can be ordered for you.

Also, Im sure this is far too nice of a toy for someone that doesnt know what they are doing as far as "salt" tanks go. Im ready to learn and share my experience so other beginner, future reefers can maybe learn from some of my future mistakes. Advice is very much welcome

Comment

very nice set up so far. Any kinda idea on what kinda corals you wanna keep so far?

p.s. is the saltwater section in the adg storefront open yet? I hate going down to adg.... everytime i see the glass 60p stand i feel like imma pull my credit card out and load it in the car.

Comment

Just go slow. No fish or corals for the first month.

Read all the sticky threads and the links.

Good luck and god speed.
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

nope not open yet...coming together though. its up and running just not "open" per say. Just some basic stuff for now to help me learn, and then move straight onto the difficult stuff.

Comment

some of the "easy" stuff can be pretty invasive later on. Keep us posted on how the tank does.

on a side note, what do you think of the quality of the exocotic tank? Hows the silicon? How does it compare to the build quality of an ADA tank?

Comment

Wondering when you were going to post it up dude. Looks nice glad to see another convert.
                  Resident fish bum
                  330G FOWLR
                  34G Reef
                  330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                  28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                  Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Originally posted by soymilk View Post
                    some of the "easy" stuff can be pretty invasive later on. Keep us posted on how the tank does.

on a side note, what do you think of the quality of the exocotic tank? Hows the silicon? How does it compare to the build quality of an ADA tank?
                    Im really impressed with the quality of this tank. the seems are really clean...they use a little more silicon than ADA and it is black also. So far everything has worked great other than the air line for the skimmer keeps popping off.

Comment

nice.... makes me kinda wanna pick one of these suckers up. its no elos... but then again... i don't wanna pay elos prices.

hows the progress on the tank?

Comment

Ok, so following the advice of our saltwater guru at work I have been moving right along. The tank ran for 10 days with no light...on day 10 I added BioSpira to seed the tank along with 4 small hermit crabs, 2 turbo snails and 3 astrea snails, 1 small sand sifting starfish. Also on day 10, I began running the lights for 10hrs a day. Here we are today on day 15 and algae has begun to grow on the glass and the snails are out doing their job. I added 3 Talbot Damsels to the tank tonight as my first starter fish. I know some of this seems rushed, but he swore to me that all would be fine. I will add 1-2 fish a week until the tank is stocked....then comes the coral.

Comment

Nice tank! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Comment

a list of what species I plan to keep in the tank:

3-Talbot Damsels
                            1- Yellow Watchmen Goby
                            1- Yasha Haze Goby
                            1- Flame Angel
                            1- Coral Beauty
                            1- Coral Banded Shrimp
                            1- Pink and Yellow Sea Cucumber
                            1- Percula Clown

Possilby a Purple firefish, Tank raised Mandarin Goby, or some type of cool wrasse

As for Corals:

A bunch of Acans, brains, a few zoanthids, short tenticle plate coral, a clam or two, maybe some Sun corals, Kenya tree...whatever else shows up at work I like!

Comment

You running a skimmer? Load looks heavy. Also the coral beauty and flame will kill each other. You shouldn't keep two angels especially that small if a tank.
                              Resident fish bum
                              330G FOWLR
                              34G Reef
                              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
                              X