saltwater filtratiron/bio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saltwater filtratiron/bio

does anyone now if customizing an marine emperor filter will be sufficient to maintain a small saltwater aquarium. i really just want to get started with a little live rock/sand some small fish and maybe low maintnance corals. i'm not sure i haven't done my research but i'm just really tempted to start something in saltwater.

yup.

It will work.

You know, just live rock and a power head works.

In nano reefs, water change is key.
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Nanos are harder bc your water params swing a lot easier with smaller water volume. Good luck, take your time, and do research before buying anything.
      20g mixed reef

Comment

take all the filtering material out and ditch the actual biowheel (if it's the biowheel type filter) and put in ahandfull of macroalgae. it filters and helps with nutrient control. The real issue with nanos is evaporation. You have to top it off with freshwater EVERY day. better yet get a float valve, they have a small tolerance for water level and will alleviate the issue.

And water changes, anything 20gallons and smaller I'd do weekly water changes. but when you think about it a water change of 20% on a 20 is only 4 gallons. so pretty easy to do.
        Softie Reef

Comment

Working...
        X