Fishing Jumping in OverFlow Boxl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Jumping in OverFlow Boxl

I have had my aquarium with internal overflow box for about 8 weeks. In this time I have had 3 occurences of fish jumping into the overflow drain box. I had a saddle puffer do it twice and a lawnmower blenny once. This is a 100G aquarium with wet/dry sump below. The water level in the aquarium is slightly below the plastic drain grate at the top of the overflow box.

Anyway, I was considering putting something over the top of the drain box at an angle so a fish would fall back in the aquarium. I figure I'm not the only one this has every happened to so there must be some good ideas out there. thank you

use to have this problem with my tetras and shrimp in my discus tank. I picked up some gutter guard from lowes. plastic roll of mesh. but it in the overflow box to keep unwanted out.
    Fishtafarian- Fish are more than just a hobby, they are an obsession.

110 gal Tall (Angel Community)
    29 gal (Planted Puffer)
    10 gal (snails and small planted)
    5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

Yup. I did the same. In my case, to stop fry from being sucked up.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

You know that if a fish can jump into an overflow box, it can easily jump out and onto the floor, right?

Comment

I bought some gutter guard and fitted it around the drain box and it looks good. Great idea since a 20 foot roll was less than $5. This should definitely help - thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
          X