santa clause platys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• santa clause platys

Hello I bought some "santa claus" platys at fish n pets unlimited a few weeks ago and they look more like female koi swordfish? if so why would they only have females.. if anyone has a clue or knows if there is a varitie of platy called by that please let me know .
    they are small, so i dont know if one will turn out to be a male or not.

photos?
    BEWARE Guard GUPPIES On Duty!

Comment

santaplaty.jpghorrible phone pic

Comment

they look albino platys to me but, if they get larger and develop a sword then you got swortails,pretty fish anyway.

Comment

Saw one today while i was there there was only one and it was about to die anyways so i didnt buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by koi View Post
            Saw one today while i was there there was only one and it was about to die anyways so i didnt buy it.
            bummer...that just figures dont it.

Comment

Originally posted by ohmar606 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5211[/ATTACH]horrible phone pic
              Those are swordtails, not platties. Females at that...they dont look to have anything in the form of a sword...but then swordtails do have those late blooming males. I have a simaler strain, and have a ton of extra males. let me know if you want/need one, and I can bring one with to the auction if I come, that way your girls can have a man in thier life!

Comment

i thought so , cause i looked up platies and even albinos and I couldnt find a thiing about them ,
                I will be happy if you would bring the boys to the auction, i do plan on attending this one,.
                that reminds me how are your albrino blue topaz lines dooing these days?

Comment

Originally posted by ohmar606 View Post
                  i thought so , cause i looked up platies and even albinos and I couldnt find a thiing about them ,
                  I will be happy if you would bring the boys to the auction, i do plan on attending this one,.
                  that reminds me how are your albrino blue topaz lines dooing these days?
                  Topaz I about gave up on. I got rid of all my males, kept a few select females, and have them in 5 gal tanks with no heat, live plants, and feeding brine only. I will bring you at least one boy...no charge of coarse...that is if I can actually make this one. I have it all marked out, and am planning, but between my kids, and my cows...life can make things go a different direction.

Comment

swordtails.jpg swordtails indeed,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heres the updated phone pic, !! cant waite to see if they have babies .

Comment

Working...
                    X