Scrimps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrimps

Here are some of my Amano Shrimp before they decided to escape. I thought my lid was on good, but I found 2 on the flood this morning and have not been able to find the other 3. I really liked them because they started to eat the alge on my wood I wanted gone. Also added a few pics of my corys.

Fishtafarian- Fish are more than just a hobby, they are an obsession.

110 gal Tall (Angel Community)
    29 gal (Planted Puffer)
    10 gal (snails and small planted)
    5 gal Hex (shrimp)

What is the color of your background?
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

It is a mylar film. I am going to put another color cellophane over it to make an interesting water background effect.

29 gal (Planted Puffer)
      5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

You only got 5 shrimp??? i would go with 10 in that tank...just my suggestion.
        250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

10??? then I could kill 10 shrimp. I found the missing shrimp. They ended up in my overflow. got 2 out and the 3rd ended up in the wet dry with the bio-balls. He will live there for now. Here is another pic I took and one of the new blue background i just did.

29 gal (Planted Puffer)
          5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

Great pictures!
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Thanks. i think if I can secure my lid better around my pluming and grate off the overflow I will get many more shrimp as I do like watching them. I really need to find a way to better strain my overflow as I found a few dead fish in there also.

29 gal (Planted Puffer)
              5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

Nices pics.
                Yeah... those pesky amanos tend to be very good escape artists...
                www.ventralfins.com

Comment

My 22 yr old son used to tell me when he was 2-3 yrs old, I want some scrimps. that guy loves fried scrimp to this day.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Originally posted by freespool View Post
                    Thanks. i think if I can secure my lid better around my pluming and grate off the overflow I will get many more shrimp as I do like watching them. I really need to find a way to better strain my overflow as I found a few dead fish in there also.
                    Putting a standpipe in there will give them a fighting chance till you find them. I had a juvy peacock that lived in a fluval cannister for over a month. The bones around him told me others weren't so lucky.
                    135 gal Fahaka Puffer
                    150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
                    185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

I think if I can better protect my cap off my pluming and overflow grate, and I will get more shrimp, because I do not like to see them. I really need to find a way to better nervous, because I found some of my overflow there are also dead fish.
                      Pond Pumps

Comment

Working...
                      X